日常高频口语这样学最简单!“莫惹是非,别多事”用英语怎么说?

Hello, 大家好,欢迎来到地道英语口语,今天给大家分享我们日常生活当中经常会用到的一个短语, ”莫惹是非,别多事”的英语表达。

PS: 文中还有很多其他经典的句子短语,大家仔细学习一下。

下面先来看一段对话

Dialogue

So come one, Mary, you’ve been grumpy all morning-what’s upset you?

玛丽,你一早上都挺不高兴的—什么事惹到你了?

We have a new tea-making rota, and it seems that Rob will be making less tea than me.

咱们排了一个新的沏茶值班表,但是上面我的排班比罗伯的多。

Are you sure?

是吗?

Yes. Look.

是的,你看。

This tea-making rota is so unfair.

这个沏茶值班表一点都不公平。

I’m really going to complain about this at the next team meeting. He always has it easy.

下次我们部门会议我一定要提出来这个问题!他总是很轻松。

日常高频口语这样学最简单!“莫惹是非,别多事”用英语怎么说?

地道英语口语

Is it that important , Mary? If I were you, I’d let sleeping dogs lie.

玛丽,这件事有那么重要吗?如果我是你,我不会惊动睡着的狗。

You could make things worse.

你这样只会让事情更糟糕。

Let sleeping dogs lie? You mean “leave things as they are to avoid causing trouble or restarting an old argument”?

不要惊动睡着的狗?你的意思是“让事情该怎么样就怎么样,免得惹出是非或重新挑起旧的纷争”?

Exactly! We had this argument before and the result was this new tea-making rota.

是的!之前我们就争论过这件事,争论的结果就是这个新的值班表。

So, just like avoiding waking up a dog and making it angry, let sleeping dogs lie.

所以,就像是不要叫醒睡着的狗,免得惹它生气那样,我们也不要自找麻烦了。

Come on, Mary. Can’t you remember why we had a new tea-making rota?

别这样,玛丽。你还记不记得我们为什么要排一个新的切茶值班表?

It was because Rob makes such awful tea that we wanted him to make lee of it!

那是因为罗伯的沏的茶太难喝了,我们想让他少沏几次茶。

Oh, yes! You’re right, it’s not worth making a fuss.

呀,对!你说得对,这不值得大惊小怪。

Yes. Let sleeping dogs lie.

是呀,别多事了。

日常高频口语这样学最简单!“莫惹是非,别多事”用英语怎么说?

地道英语口语

For examples

I was going to mention the argument we had last night, but decide to let sleeping dogs lie.

我本来打算谈一下我们昨晚的的争论,但是后来决定不自找麻烦了。

Let’s not go over last night’s performance , let sleeping dogs lie and move on.

我们不要再想昨天晚上的表现了,事情过去就过去了,别多事了,朝前看吧。

Don’t remind her about the divorce. Let sleeping dogs lie and talk about something else.

不要提醒她离婚的事了。莫惹是非,说点别的吧。

日常高频口语这样学最简单!“莫惹是非,别多事”用英语怎么说?

地道英语口语

今天的学习就到这里啦!

每天我都会为大家分享这样的干货

然后整理出精华内容

让你学到最地道的日常英语表达

今天你打卡学习了吗?

下期再见!


分享到:


相關文章: