Cat got your tongue?不吭声


1.Most mother will tell you their children are a gift from god.

多数母亲会告诉你她们的孩子是天赐的礼物

2.Most mother will also tell you that the gifts their children give them are less than heavenly.

多数母亲也会告诉你孩子送给她们的礼物就差强人意了

heavenly 天国的; 天空的; 十分舒适的; 很愉快的; 美好的

3.Lynette had suffered through artwork made in kingdergarten,...spice racks in summer camp...and jewelery made at the scout jambore.But this day,Lynette Scavo received a gift every mother dreams of.
勒纳特不幸收到过幼儿园时的图画作业,夏令营是做的调味篮以及童子军时做的项链

但这一天,勒纳特.斯加沃收到一份每个母亲都梦寐以求的礼物

4.One she wasn't embarrassed to display.

一份她不会于展示的礼物。

5.Where did you guys get this pot?这花盆哪来的?

6.We made it.我们自己做的。

7.Really? I love it. 真的吗?我很喜欢。

8.Well, this is the nicest present you boys have ever given.

这是你们送给我的最好的礼物。

9.And you know what? I'm going to put it out on the front porch. The whole neighborhood can enjoy it.

我打算把它放在前廊,让邻居们都可以欣赏它。

10.Lynette knew she'd cherish the memory of that moment for the rest of her life.

勒纳特知道,那一刻的回忆,她会珍惜一辈子。

11. The memory of that moment was ruined the very next day.

可第二天那个回忆就

幻灭了。

12. Mrs. Mccluskey, why are you taking my flower pot?

麦克卢斯基太太,你干嘛拿走我的花盆?

13. Because it's mine. Your boys stole it from my porch.

因为这是我的。是你儿子从我门廊上偷的。

14. No, no, no. My sons made that for me for Valentine's Day.

不不。是我儿子送我的情人节礼物。

15. I bought this in Costa Rica on my last cruise.You see?

这是我上次做游轮去哥斯达黎加买的。

16. It still got the price tag on it.Look.

上面还有标签呢,你看。

17. What? Nothing more to say. Cat got your tongue?

没什么好说了?怎么不吭声啦??

缩略形式:Cat got your tongue?不吭声,无言以对,哑口无言,你怎么不说话了?

完整句子是:“Has the cat got your tongue?" 舌头让猫叼走了吗?”

使用场景:别人无话可说了,突然沉默了或质问对方为什么不吭声。)

18.You listen to me, keep your brats off my property.

听好了, 让你家淘气鬼离我家东西远点。

19. Yes ,most mother will tell you their children are a gift form god.Most mother will also tell you there are some days when you wish you could return them.

没错,大多数母亲会告诉你, 他们的孩子是天赐的礼物。多数母亲还会告诉你,有时候,你真希望能把他们退回去。


分享到:


相關文章: