“陈词滥调”,英语怎么说?

smother 作v.使窒息而死; 闷死 [ˈsmʌðə(r)] (用某物) 厚厚地覆盖; 抑制

Your wife tried to smother your son.

你妻子要闷死你儿子

They try to smother the flames with a damp blanket.

他们试图用湿毯子把火扑灭。

You are smothering me .

你噎到我了

generic 普通的,一般的 [dʒəˈnerɪk]

platitude 陈词滥调; 老生常谈 [ˈplætɪtjuːd]

It's no more than a platitude.

无非是老生常谈。

His speech is full of platitude.

他的讲话充满了陈词滥调。

Was that just a generic platitude ?

是普通的安慰(语)吗?

subtle 微妙的,不易察觉的,狡猾的 [ˈsʌtl]

It's a subtle distinction. 这是一个细微的区别

There were subtle hints in his letter.
他的信中有些微妙的暗示

meddle 管闲事; 干涉 [ˈmedl]

Don't meddle with my books.

不要乱动我的书。

You meddle in my life all the time.

可你一直都在干涉我的生活。

Don't let other people meddle in your private affairs.

不要让外人插手你的私人事务。

You should have taught him not to meddle.

你应该教教他别插手。

If you don't want to meddle ,then why are you meddling ?

既然你们不想干涉,干嘛还要干涉我的事?

“陈词滥调”,英语怎么说?


分享到:


相關文章: