Now,come on.Don't be selfish.快点说出来,独乐乐不如众乐乐


[Fairview Country Club]

(Rex and Bree sit at a table eating lunch.)

Bree: "What's wrong, Rex? Didn't you enjoy your golf game with Dr. Wallace?"

雷克斯,你怎么啦?和华莱士医生打高尔夫球打得不尽兴吗

Rex: "I didn't play. I'm still feeling sluggish."

我没打,可我还是觉得浑身没劲

sluggish adj. 萧条的;迟钝的;行动迟缓的;懒惰的

Bree: "Still? Did you talk to him about that?"

是吗?那你有没有把这个情况告诉他?

Rex: "Yeah, of course. He doesn't understand why the medication isn't working, and he wants me to come in for a checkup tomorrow."当然,他不理解药为什么没有效果,他叫我明天去检查

(Some women laughing at the next table cause the two of them to turn and look. Tisha walks away from that table and heads to another one.)

Bree: "I can see that Tisha is making the rounds. She must have some juicy new anecdote."

我看到蒂什在转来转去,她肯定有什么新鲜劲爆八卦

juicy adj. 多汁的;有趣的;刺激性强的;报酬多的

anecdote n.轶事;奇闻

Rex: "Then, get her over here. I could use a funny story today."

不然把她叫过来,我今天可有得乐了。

Bree: "Tisha. Tisha. Oh, I can tell by that look on your face you've got something good. Now, come on, don't be selfish."蒂什 从你脸上我看出你肯定有什么趣事。快点说出来,独乐乐不如众乐乐。

by that look on your face 根据你脸上的表情

selfish adj. 任性的,自私的,利己的

Don't be selfish. 意思时别太自私。(这里用意译,有什么新鲜事拿出来分享不要藏着不说——独乐乐不如众乐乐)


Tisha: "Well, first off, you're not friends with Maisy Gibbons, are you?"

我先问一下,你们不是梅西的朋友吧?

(There's a short pause as Rex and Bree stare at each other before Bree turns back to Tisha.)

Bree: "No."不是。

Tisha: "Thank god, because this is too good. Maisy was arrested. While Harold was at work, she was having sex with men in her house for money. Can you imagine?"谢天谢地,因为这实在太劲爆了。梅西被抓起来了。在哈罗德上班时,她在家卖春赚钱。想不到吧?

Bree: "No, I can't."是的想不到。

Tisha: "And that's not even the best part. Word is, she had a little black book with all her clients' names."

最劲爆的是:听说她有个小黑本,上面记着她所有客户的名字

Rex: "So, uh...you think that'll get out?"你觉得这些名单会泄露出去吗?

Tisha: "Of course. These things always do. Nancy, wait up. I

can't wait to tell you this. Wait, wait."

那是当然,这种情况总是如此。南希,等等,我都等不及告诉你了。等一等。

can't wait to do 迫不及待做某事

(She rushes off.)

Bree: "Well, you heard your funny story, Rex. Why aren't you laughing?"

雷克斯,这下你可有得乐啦。怎么笑不出来啊


分享到:


相關文章: