Observe Beautiful Things(留意身邊美好事物)

英語學習閣——致力於每天刷選出好的英文故事,英文美文,英文音樂,英文視頻給各位閣主大大品味,在此謝謝各位閣主大大的蒞臨


I once had a teacher whose husband died suddenly of a heart attack.

我曾經有一位老師,他的丈夫因心臟病突然去世


About a week after his death, she shared some of her thoughts with a classroom of students.

他去世大約一週後,她與一群學生分享了一些想法


As the late afternoon sunlight shone through the classroom windows and the class was nearly over,she removed a few things aside on the edge of her desk and sat down there.

午後陽光照進教室的窗戶,全班快結束了,她移開桌子邊緣的一些東西,坐在那裡


With a gentle look on her face, she paused and said,"Before class is over, I'd like to share with all of you a thought that is unrelated to class, but which I feel is very important.

她溫柔地看著臉上,停下來說:“上課結束前,我想與大家分享與上課無關的想法,但我認為這很重要


Each of us is put here on earth to learn, share, love, appreciate and give of ourselves.

我們每個人都在地球上學習,分享,愛護,欣賞和奉獻自己


None of us knows when this fantastic experience will end.

我們誰都不知道這種奇妙的體驗何時會結束


It can be taken away at any moment.

它可以隨時拿走


So we must make the most out of every single day."

因此,我們必須充分利用每一天


Observe Beautiful Things(留意身邊美好事物)


Her eyes were beginning to water, but she went on, "So I would like you all to make me a promise."

她的眼睛開始注水,但她繼續說道:“所以,我希望大家向我許下諾言”


From now on, on your way to school, or on your way home, find something beautiful to enjoy.

從現在開始,在您上學的路上或回家的路上,找到一些美麗的享受


It doesn't have to be something you see.

不必一定是您看到的東西


It could be the smell of freshly baked bread floating out of someone's house, or it could be the sound of the breeze rustling the leaves in the trees…

可能是新鮮出爐的麵包從某人的房屋中漂浮出來的氣味,也可能是微風使樹上的葉子沙沙作響的聲音……


Please look for these things, and appreciate them, for at anytime they can all be taken away."

請尋找這些東西,並感謝它們,因為它們可以隨時被帶走


The class was completely quiet.

全班都安靜了


We all packed up our books and went out of the room silently.

我們都收拾好書,默默地走出了房間


That afternoon, I noticed more things on my way home from school than usual.

那天下午,我發現放學回家的路上比往常要多


Remember: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

記住:生命不是通過呼吸的次數來衡量的,而是通過呼吸消失的時刻來衡量的


翻譯:英語學習閣


英語學習閣——致力於每天分享好的英文故事,英文美文,英文音樂,英文視頻分享於閣主大大!


分享到:


相關文章: