University Conversation
A: Hi. My name is Mark.
你好,我叫Mark
B: Mark? I'll Bill. Glad to meet you.
Mark? 我是Bill, 很高兴见到你。
A: Yeah. So where are you from?
恩,你来自哪里呢?
B: I'm from Houston Texas.
我来自德克萨斯州的休斯顿
A: Oh... I'm from Southern California.
我来自南加州
B: There must be a lot of cute girls over there huh?
那儿一定有很多可爱的女孩吧。
A: Hell yeah. But most of them are hoochies.
是的,但大多数都是很开放(有几个伴侣)
B: That sucks. So, what year are you?
那太糟糕了。你几年级?
A: I'm a freshman.
我大一
B: This is my first year too.
我也是
A: So what made you decide to come to California for school? I hear Austin is a good school.
所以是什么使你来加州上学,我听说奥斯丁是个不错的学校。
B: It's alright, but I think Berkeley is better.
它不错,但是我认为伯克利更好
A: So is this where you wanted to come?
所以这是你来这的原因吗?
B: To tell you the truth, I wanted to go to Stanford. I made it on the waiting list, but ninety nine percent of people accepted to Stanford go there. Like, who wouldn't, right?
说实话,我想去斯坦福来着,我在等待清单上,但是百分之九十九被录取的都会选择去那里。谁不会呢,对吧?
A: Very true. But this is still a good school.
说得对,但是伯克利也是一个很好的学校。
B: I'm not complaining. I just know that I wanted to come to California. Texas is cool and all, but I wanted to experience different things.
我并不是在抱怨,我知道我就想来加州,德克萨斯很不错,但是我想体验不同的东西。
A: That's good. Do you know what you plan on majoring in?
那很好,你知道你打算学什么专业吗?
B: I was thinking about political scientists, but now I'm leaning towards English literature. How about you?
我想学政治,但是现在我更倾向于英语文学,你呢?
A: I plan on majoring in double E.
我想修电子工程
B: Do you know where the Smith building is? I have to pick up the syllabus for my psychology class. I missed the first day.
你知道Smith Building在哪里吗?我必须去拿心理学课教学大纲,我第一天没去。
A: That's a great start. It's over there by the library.
这是一个很好的开始,就在图书馆那边。
B: It was nice meeting you.
很高兴见到你。
A: Yeah. We should hang out later.
恩 我们应该多出去玩儿。
B: Cool. I'll see you tomorrow in class then.
好的 明天课上见
A: Alright. Later.
好的 再见!
閱讀更多 餅哥英語口語 的文章