Keep a boy-free zone around me .不讓我和男生交往


Julie: "It's only a pool party. Everyone's gonna be there."

不過是個泳池派對,大家對會去的。

Susan: "I said no."

我不同意

Julie: "What are you gonna do? Keep a boy-free zone around me until I'm eighteen?"

你到底要怎麼樣? 讓我在18歲之前不接觸任何男生?

free

adj. 自由的;免費的;免稅的;空閒的,免於受......影響

adv. 免費地;自由地,無拘束地;一帆風順地;

vt. 免除;釋放;使自由;解救

zone n.地帶;區域,範圍

a boy-free zone 一個沒男生的範圍

free 在這裡是免於受......影響沒有

機場購物時,看到:Duty Free. 那是免稅店。

smoke-free就是免除煙,意思就是禁止吸菸,所以是無煙的。(千萬不要翻譯成自由地吸菸)

一般說smoke -free area無煙區。

Susan: "You can see boys in a couple years, just not that boy."

兩三年後你可以和男生交往,不過不是那個男生。

Julie: "Why do you hate Zach?"

你為什麼那麼討厭扎克?

Susan: "I don't hate Zach. I just think he's sort of crazy."

我沒有討厭他。只是我覺得他有點瘋。

Julie: "Mom, I've heard people call you sort of crazy."

人們也說你有點瘋。

Susan: "Well, I'm adorable crazy, and he's rampage crazy."

我是瘋得可愛,他是瘋得狂躁。

(A knock at the door. Susan opens it.)

Detective Copeland: "Susan Mayer?"

Susan: "Yeah."

Detective Copeland: "I'm Detective Copeland. I'm investigating the murder of Martha Huber. I need to talk to you about Mike Delfino."

我是科普蘭偵探,在調查瑪莎.胡博遇害案。


Detective Copeland: "Do you remember seeing Mr. Delfino on the seventh of last month?"

你還記不記得你在上個月7號見過德爾菲諾先生?

Susan: "Is the seventh important?"

7號很重要嗎?

Detective Copeland: "Well, we believe it was the night that Martha Huber was murdered. She was last seen at the grocery store around nine and then she didn't show up for her dentist appointment the next morning."

我們認為瑪莎.胡博是在那晚遇害的。她最後出現是在那晚9點,雜貨店。本來第二天

約了牙醫但是她沒有去。

Susan: "What day was that?"

那天星期幾?

Detective Copeland: "It was a Sunday."

星期天。

Susan: "Oh. Oh, my God, yes. Yes, yes, I was with Mike that night."

哦,沒錯。是的。那晚我和麥克在一起。

Detective Copeland: "You're sure?"

你確定?

Susan: "Yes, I was. It was a big night for us, relationship-wise. It was the first time that we..."

是的,那晚是重要的日子是我們確定關係的日子。是我們第一次......

Detective Copeland: "The first time you...?"

第一次什麼?

Julie: "Did it. The first time they did it." 上床。他們第一次上床。

Susan: "Julie!"

Julie: "Well, it was."就是嘛。

Susan: "How did you know?"你怎麼知道的?

Julie: "I'm not clueless

. I found men's boxers in the clothes hamper."

我又不傻。我在洗衣籃發現男士的底褲。

Susan: "Oh, don't write that down. Oh, but this is good. You can let Mike go. He's innocent."

那個不要記下來。不過記下也好。你們可以把麥克放了,他是無辜的。

Detective Copeland: "Well, assuming everything you're telling me is true."

前提是你說的都是真的。

Julie: "It's true. The next morning she made pancakes in the shape of little hearts. Seriously. Little hearts."

是真的。第二天早上她做了心形的小烤餅,沒開玩笑,小小的心形。


分享到:


相關文章: