03.07 把你的故事讲的兴趣盎然还是昏昏欲睡?



Hi there.

嘿,你好。

Welcome back to engVid with me, Benjamin.

欢迎和我一起回来,本杰明

Today we are looking at the art of storytelling.

今天,我们来看看讲故事的艺术。

Who is this useful to?

这对谁有用?

Well, you may find that in an interview situation, being able to tell a good story could help you, as long as it's appropriate to the interview;also, IELTS speaking, being able to sort of go beyond yourself and say more than you normally would is going to benefit you in terms of sounding fluent;and also, conversational, social skills - it's good to be able to tell a story.

嗯,你可能会发现,在面试的情况下,能够讲一个好故事对你有帮助,只要适合面试;而且,雅思说,能够超越自己,说的比平时多,在听起来流利方面对你有好处;而且,会话,社交技巧——能够讲故事是件好事。

Now, what I'm going to be sharing with you today has taken me a lot of time, a lot of experience to figure out the truth of this, and I've basically worked out that this is right.

现在我今天要和你们分享的花了我很多时间,很多经验来弄明白真相,我基本上已经计算出这是正确的。

Okay?

好?

So, two parts in today's lesson: We've got basic storytelling;and then if you want to be clever clogs, you can add in the extra elements.

因此,今天课的两个部分:我们有基本的讲故事;然后,如果你想成为聪明的木块,你可以添加额外的元素。

So, a basic story has what Aristotle, the Greek philosopher,came up with 2,000 years ago.

所以,一个基本的故事有什么亚里士多德,希腊哲学家,2000年前就出现了

It has three consistent things: It talks about place-okay?

它有三个一致的东西:它谈论的地方-好?

-it happens in a place;it happens at a time, a certain time; and there are characters involved.

-它发生在一个地方;它发生在一个时间,某个时间;并且有字符涉及。

And these should be smooth.

这些应该是光滑的。

He talked about how we should have a clear story idea, it happens in time order.

他谈到我们应该如何有一个明确的故事想法,它按时间顺序发生。

So this relates to us today telling a good story.

因此,这与我们今天讲一个好故事有关。

Okay?

好?

It should happen at a certain point.

它应该发生在某个点。

We need to know where, okay?

我们需要知道在哪里,好吗?

Place, setting, similar idea.

地方,设置,类似的想法。

Which characters do you have in the story?

故事中的哪些角色?

A plot - there's got to be a reason for telling it: "Is it an unusual story? Is it funny? Is it interesting"? What's the ending?

一个情节 - 一定有一个原因告诉它:"这是一个不寻常的故事吗?有趣吗?有趣吗?结局是什么?

You don't want to leave your audience, going: "Oh", at the end of the story.

你不想离开你的观众,去:"哦",在故事的结尾。

You've got to think: "This story has got to have a good ending". Okay?

你得想:"这个故事必须有一个好的结局"。好?

Otherwise you leave them with not a very good feeling. Okay. So, if I'm going to demonstrate this, I will tell you a story.

否则,你离开他们不是很好的感觉。好。所以如果我要演示这个,我会告诉你一个故事。

So, the time that this took place.

所以,这发生的时候。

So this was last summer, and the place: I was trying to get to the airport.

那是去年夏天和地点:我试图去机场。

I was trying to get to Gatwick Airport, just outside of London.

我正想去盖特威克机场,就在伦敦郊外。

To set the scene a bit, we've got a friend's wedding happening in Italy.

为了设置现场一点,我们有一个朋友的婚礼在意大利举行。

Taking my son and wife on a flight out to Italy.

带着我的儿子和妻子去意大利

Very important that we get there, lots of friends there, and traffic starts piling up and it starts getting quite tight - the time.

非常重要,我们到达那里,很多朋友,交通开始堆积,开始变得相当紧张 - 时间。

Are we going to get on the plane or not?

我们要不上飞机?

Okay, so now we need to include some more plot elements.

好了,现在我们需要包括一些更多的情节元素。

So, what was unusual is that I told my wife: "Look, if we carry on like this, we're not going to catch the plane". So we swapped over, and she started driving down the hard shoulder.

所以不寻常的是,我告诉妻子:"看,如果我们继续这样下去,我们就不会赶上飞机了。于是我们换了过来,她开始从硬肩膀上下来。

It's not about your shoulder; it means the side bit of the road that you're not really meant to drive on.

这不是你的肩膀,而是你的肩膀。它意味着你并不是真正打算开车的路的一侧。

And kind of the funny bit is that we got through this horrendous traffic on the most nasty. . .

而有趣的是,我们通过这个可怕的交通最讨厌的...

The nastiest road in the U. K. , which is the M25, which is more sort of sitting around than actually driving anywhere.

英国最讨厌的道路,这是M25,比实际开车多于在任何地方的坐姿。

We got through this nasty traffic.

我们通过了这种令人讨厌的交通。

It looked like we were going to catch the flight, and then we ran out of petrol 10 miles from the airport.

看起来我们好像要赶上飞机了然后我们从机场10英里就用完了汽油

Fortunately, we did manage to get onto the flight eventually, after a few more mishaps.

幸运的是,在经历了几次事故之后,我们终于成功登上了飞机。

Okay?

好?

So we've got a rough story there, which I can now make quite a lot better by adding in these elements.

所以我们有一个粗略的故事,现在,我可以通过添加这些元素来做得更好。

First of all, if you're sat around with a group of people, you don't just suddenly start telling a story, and you shouldn't really plan what stories you're going to tell.

首先,如果你和一群人坐在一起你不只是突然开始讲故事,你不应该真正计划你要讲什么故事。

A story could come out of what has been spoken, what people are talking about, otherwise it's like: "Well, what are you talking about"? Okay?

一个故事可以出什么已经讲,人们在说什么,否则就是:"嗯,你在说什么?好?

So there's got to be a link.

因此,一定有一个链接。

So, if I was telling this story, maybe I would be talking to friends about holidays, about getting to planes, and I would say something like: "This. . . Yeah, I've had a bad experience before of trying to get to the airport. I'll tell you about this time last summer". Okay?

所以,如果我讲这个故事也许我会跟朋友谈论假期,去飞机我会说:"这...是的,我以前去机场的经历很糟糕。我告诉你去年夏天的这个时候。好?

So, linking it to the conversation.

所以,把它链接到对话。

Beginning well.

开始得好。

"I'll tell you a little tale", okay?

"我告诉你一个小故事",好吗?

It's quite sort of soft and polite, but rather than being: "

这是相当有点软和礼貌,但不是是:"

", it invites people to listen in. It kind of quietens things down, and people start listening.

",它邀请人们倾听。它让事情平静下来,人们开始倾听。

There need to be things in the story that grab people's attention.

故事中需要一些能吸引人们注意力的东西。

So. . . And this kind of links to this next point of embellishment and exaggeration.

所以。。。而这种链接,这下一点的修饰和夸张。

"Embellishment" means adding. . . Adding a little bit of colour. Okay?

"装饰"意味着添加...添加一点颜色。好?

So, if we've got someone's face. . .

如果我们有别人的脸...

I'm not an artist, but if we're going to embellish this, we're going to improve it by putting in some more sort of details.

我不是艺术家,但如果我们要美化这个,我们将通过投入更多细节来改进它。

We're going to give them some hair, we're going to give them quite a thick neck.

我们要给他们一些头发,我们要给他们一个相当厚的脖子。

Embellishment: Putting more in. "Exaggeration", okay?

装饰:投入更多,"夸张",好吗?

So we're not going to do an entirely accurate picture; we're going to say that actually the man has a wart here, and we're going to find interesting details.

因此,我们不会做一个完全准确的画面;我们要说,实际上男人有一个疣在这里,我们会找到有趣的细节。

For example, his tongue hangs out of his mouth. Okay?

例如,他的舌头挂在嘴里。好?

The detail is going for more and more. . .

细节将越来越...

It's not just information; it's kind of layers to the story.

这不仅仅是信息,它;这是故事的层次。

So, let's put this into practice with the story I'm telling about the airport.

所以,让我们用我讲的关于机场的故事来实践这个。

Okay, so it was half past 4:00 on a Friday.

好,所以周五4点过了一半。

We have to be at the airport at quarter past 5:00.

我们必须在五点多的时候到机场。

The M25 is gridlock; it's standstill, and I was tearing my hair out-not literally-thinking:

M25 是僵局;它停顿,我撕裂我的头发 -不是字面上的想法:

"How on earth am I going to get to the airport"?

"我到底怎么去机场?"

Luckily, my wife can be quite James-Bond-like and she. . .

幸运的是,我的妻子可以相当詹姆斯邦德一样,她...

We swapped over, and she started tearing down the hard shoulder.

我们交换了,她开始撕下硬肩膀。

She was. . . Okay? So now I need to exaggerate a bit.

她是。。。好?所以现在我需要夸大一点。

She was slamming on the accelerator, she was hitting 60 as all the other cars were going just 5 or 10 miles an hour, and we were just sailing past them, cruising past, thinking that nothing was going to go wrong. We were invincible - we were on that plane.

她猛地踩着油门她打到60,因为所有其他汽车都去只有5或10英里每小时,我们只是从他们身边驶过,巡航过去,认为没有什么会出错。我们是无敌的,我们当时在飞机上。

Okay?

好?

So I'm adding in a few details.

因此,我添加一些细节。

Now I need to add in some suspense.

现在我需要增加一些悬念。

So, just as everything looked like it was going to work out happily ever after, the car slowly came to a halt.

所以,就像一切看起来一样,它一切都要愉快地工作,之后,汽车慢慢停了下来。

And I don't know if you've stood by the edge of the motorway before, but it's not the best place to be standing; you've got tankers going past, your car starts shaking, you're worrying whether you're safe.

我不知道你以前是否站在高速公路边上但它不是最好的地方站立;你的油罐车驶过,你的车开始摇晃,你担心你是否安全

And at that point, we said: "Oh my goodness, me, what do we do now?

这时,我们说:"哦,我的天哪,我,我们现在怎么办?

Do we just abandon the car, in which case we'll get a huge fine and lose the car?

我们弃车吗?在这种情况下,我们会得到巨额罚款,并失去汽车?

Do we try and fill up the car with petrol?

我们试着给汽车加满汽油吗?

How do we do this"? Okay? So what I'm doing with suspense is I want the people to want to know what happened in the story. Okay?

我们如何做到这一点?好?所以,我所做的是悬念,我想让人们想知道发生了什么故事。好?

So, the next chapter. Along comes a taxi, I'm holding out a jerry can. Okay?

所以,下一章。一辆出租车来了,我拿着一个杰里罐。好?

A "jerry can" means a tank for petrol, a jerry can.

"杰里罐"是指汽油的油箱,杰里罐。

He stops, I jump in the taxi.

他停了下来,我跳上出租车。

We go fast, fast, fast, fast, fast.

We go fast, fast, fast, fast, fast.

We go to a petrol station, and then we are going the wrong way up this motorway, and I can see the car over there.

我们去加油站 然后走错路上高速公路我能看见那边的车

And the man says to me: "Well, it would be quicker if you ran across the motorway, rather than going all the way back to the M25 and back down again". What I'm doing here is I'm using dialogue;

该名男子对我说:"嗯,这将是更快,如果你跑过高速公路,而不是去所有的方式回到M25,并再次回落"。我在这里做的是,我使用对话;

I'm using words from a character to make us imagine the story a bit more. Okay?

我用一个角色的词让我们想象故事多一点。好?

And now what I want to be doing is putting it into the present tense, it helps us imagine the story a little bit more.

现在我想做的是把它变成现在的时候,它帮助我们想象的故事多一点。

So I'm there, I'm standing on the side of the road and I'm seeing these cars flying past at 70 miles an hour.

所以我在那里,我站在路边,我看到这些汽车以每小时70英里的速度飞过。

I'm thinking: "You want me to run across there?

我在想:"你要我跑过那里吗?

You must be joking".

你一定是在开玩笑。

So I refused his kind offer, and we carried on going.

所以我拒绝了他的好说,我们继续走。

At that point I receive a phone call, a phone call from my wife, saying: "Honey, I have left the car.

这时,我接到一个电话,一个我妻子打来的电话,说:"亲爱的,我已经离开了车。

You'll find a couple of things in the car.

你会在车里找到几样东西。

I'm in a lorry.

我在一辆卡车里

It's fine.

没事的。

We're going to the airport". I'm thinking: "What?

我们要去机场。我在想:"什么?

You've left the car, you're in a lorry?

你把车开走了,你在车里?

What on earth is going on here"?

这到底是怎么回事?

I get to the car, I jump into it. I forget:

我上车,我跳进车里。我忘了:

"Oh yeah, I need to put the petrol back into the tank".

"哦,是的,我需要把汽油放回油箱里。

I say: "Good bye, Mr. taxi driver, thank you very much".

我说:"再见,出租车司机先生,非常感谢。

And then I start tearing it down to Gatwick Airport. Okay?

然后我开始把它撕到盖特威克机场好?

I need to be aware that I can't go on, and on, and on.

我需要意识到,我不能继续,继续,继续。

If I speak for too long, the people I'm telling the story to are going to be like: "Benjamin, boring", okay?

如果我讲得太久,我讲这个故事的人就会说:"本杰明,无聊",好吗?

I get to the airport, I take. . .

我到机场,我带...

Ripped off my jumper, I'm running through, I've parked the car, and I. . . Running, running, running, running, running, running, running, running, running, sweating, flying through.

扯下我的跳线,我跑过来,我把车停好,我...Running, running, running, running, running, running, running, running, running, sweating, flying through.

We all get on to the plane by the skin of our teeth, which means we only just got there.

我们都靠牙齿的皮肤上了飞机,这意味着我们才刚刚到达那里。

I'll write that phrase out for you. "By the skin of our. . .

我会为你写那句话。"通过我们的皮肤...

By the skin of my teeth". Okay?

由我的牙齿的皮肤"。好?

By the skin of my teeth we made it.

靠我的牙齿皮肤,我们做了它。

Then we need to link back into the conversation, okay?

那我们需要联系回对话,好吗?

By the skin of my teeth. I need. . . It can't just be all about me. Yeah?

靠着我的牙齿。我需要...不能只是关于我的一切。是的?

There are other people in this room that I've been sharing this story to. Okay?

这个房间里还有其他人,我一直在分享这个故事。好?

It's not a performance. I'm not in the theatre, going: "Da-da-da-da-da".

这不是表演我不在剧院里,去:"达达达达"。

We're talking;conversation is two ways.

我们在说话,谈话是两种方式。

So, I need to say: "So, how about you, Jerry, do you like airports"? Ask them a question.

所以,我要说:"那么,你呢,杰瑞,你喜欢机场吗?问他们一个问题

Put the focus back on the other person.

把注意力重新放在其他人身上。

And, really, this is the number one tip: You need to go with the flow; especially if you're telling a story with someone else, if you're both telling it.

而且,实际上,这是头号提示:你需要随流而去;特别是如果你和别人一起讲故事,如果你们都在讲。

Okay?

好?

One of you might go more for detail, one of you might go more for exaggeration.

你们中有人可能会去更多的细节,你们中有人可能会更夸张。

It's okay to exaggerate, as long as the story is recognizable.

只要故事是可识别的,夸张是可以的。

Find a way to tell the story together.

想办法一起讲故事。

Hope you've enjoyed this video.

希望您喜欢这个视频。

Have the story, but have fun with it, too.

有故事,但玩得开心,也。

Go tell some great stories.

去讲一些好故事吧。

Until next time, good bye.

直到下一次,再见。


分享到:


相關文章: