口語對話第十九期:對某人一見鍾情

第一,迷你對話

A: What are you worrying about?

你們在擔心什麼呢?

B: My daughter took a shine to a guy called Jack.

我女兒對一個叫做Jack的小夥子一見鍾情。

A: Why? That is a good thing. After all, she has grown up. Is she twenty-five years old?

為何擔心啊,這是好事情啊。畢竟,她已經長大成人。她25歲了吧?

B: Yeah. But we don't know him very well.

是的,但是我們不是很瞭解他。

A: Then you should ask your daughter to be careful.

那麼你告訴你女兒當心點。

第二,地道表達

take a shine to

解詞釋義

Shine是名詞,本意為“光亮”,引申為“突然發生的事情”。那麼,take a shine to somebody的意思即為:突然間喜歡上某人,對某人一見鍾情。

拓展範例

E.g. The boss took a shine to the new secretary.

老闆一下子就對新秘書產生好感。

E.g. Oscar had never particularly liked children, but he took a shine to his little nephew the first time he saw him.

奧斯卡從來就不大喜歡小孩,但他第一次看到他的小侄兒卻喜歡起他來。

E.g. He took a shine to his new teacher the very first day.

他頭一天就喜歡他的新老師。

第三,好詞妙語

worry about:擔心......,擔憂......

E.g. Don't worry about him; he is a cheerful and elastic man.

別為他擔心;他是個快活開朗的人。

E.g. Let them worry about how to get rid of the cars later.

讓他們在日後為處理車子而發愁吧。

after all:畢竟

E.g. After all, France-Soir is known for aggressive reporting.

畢竟,《法蘭西晚報》以報道聳人聽聞的消息著稱。

E.g. After all, compared to your organization, we are the new boys.

畢竟,同你們機構相比,我們畢竟是新手。

grow up:長大

E.g. Children must be educated to serve their country when they grow up.

必須教育孩子長大後為國家服務。

E.g. I like to muse about what I will do when I grow up.

我喜歡仔細思考長大後做什麼。

know sb. Very well:非常瞭解某人

E.g. I don't know her very well. We have only a nodding acquaintance.

我對她不很瞭解,我們只是點頭之交。

E.g. If you don't know her very well, you'll have to hurry up and get to know her.

要是你向來和她不很熟,就請你趕快做熟她。

口語對話第十九期:對某人一見鍾情


分享到:


相關文章: