大自然在说话 Nature Is Speaking系列:水


I am water. To humans I am simply just there.

我是水。人类对我熟视无睹。

I'm something they just take for granted.

他们认为我只是理所当然应该存在。

But there is only so much of me. And more and more of them every single day.

但水是有限的,而人类数量却在与日俱增

I start as rain in the mountains, flow to the rivers and streams.

我源自山涧雨水,流入河水和溪流

And end up in the ocean.

最终汇入大海

Then the cycle begins again.

循环复始

And it will take me 10,000 years to get back to the state I am in now.

而每一次循环都需要上万年

But to humans? I'm just water. Just there.

然而这对人类意味着什么?不过就是水而已,一直存在的水。

Where will humans find me when there are billions more of them around?

如果人类数量再多数十亿,他们还能找到我吗?

Where will they find themselves?

他们又将生存于何处?

Will they wage wars over me?

他们会为争夺我而发动战争吗?

Like they do over everything else?

就如他们为了争夺其他事物一样?

That's always an option. But it's not the only option.

战争总是一种选择,但不是唯一的选择。

英语学习资源 |大自然在说话 Nature Is Speaking系列:水


分享到:


相關文章: