《新概念英語》(New Concept English)作為享譽全球的最為經典地道的英語教材,以其嚴密的體系性、嚴謹的科學性、精湛的實用性、濃郁的趣味性深受英語學習者的青睞,對於初學者而言,在英語學習過程中,要多說多聽,下面是
新概念英語第一冊71課的聽力練習,聽力對話和單詞5遍版,每天10分鐘,睡前醒後,磨磨耳朵,輕鬆練聽力。Lesson 71: He's awful! 他討厭透了!
Listen to the tape then answer this question. How did Pauline answer the telephone at nine o'clock?
聽錄音,然後回答問題。波琳在9點接電話時是如何說的?
JANE:簡
PAULINE: 波琳
JANE:
What's Ron Marston like,Pauline?波琳,朗·馬頓是怎樣一個人?PAULINE: He's awful!He telephoned me four times Yesterday, and three times the day before yesterday.他討厭透了!他昨天給我打了4次電話,前天打了3次。
PAULINE: He telephoned the office yesterday morning and yesterday afternoon.My boss answered the telephone.他昨天上午和下午把電話打到了我的辦公室,是我的老闆接的。
JANE: What did your boss say to him?你老闆是怎麼對他說的?
PAULINE: He said, "Pauline is typing letters. She can't speak to you now!"他說:“波琳正在打信,她現在不能同你講話!”
PAULINE: Then I arrived home at six o'clock yesterday evening. He telephoned again.But I didn't answer the phone!後來,我昨晚6點鐘回到家裡。他又打來電話,但我沒接。
JANE: Did he telephone again last night?他昨夜裡又打電話了嗎?
PAULINE: Yes, he did.He telephoned at nine o'clock.是的,打了。他在9點鐘又打電話。
JANE: What did you say to him?你對他怎麼說的?
PAULINE: I said, 'This is Pauline's mother. Please don't telephone my daughter again!'我說:“我是波琳的母親。請不要再給我女兒打電話了!”
JANE: Did he telephone again?他又打了沒有?
PAULINE: No, he didn't!沒有!
New Word and expressions 生詞和短語
awful adj. 讓人討厭的,壞的
He's awful!他討厭透了!
The weather was awful.天氣太糟糕了。
His handwriting is awful;I can't read it.他的書寫太糟糕了,我讀不了。
telephone v. & n. 打電話;電話
He telephone me four times yesterday,and three times the day before yesterday.他昨天給我打了4次電話,前天打了3次。
Someone telephoned you just now.剛才有人給你打電話了。
Has Lily telephoned yet?莉莉打電話來了嗎?
time n. 次(數)
I must have called you ten times.我肯定給你打了有十次電話了。
answer v. 接(電話)
But I didn't answer the phone!我沒有接電話!
No one answered the phone in a great hurry.沒有人來開門。
He answered the phone in a great hurry.他急急忙忙地去接電話。
last adj. 最後的,前一次的
Did he telephone again last night?你昨晚又打電話了嗎?
Did you watch the game on TV last night?他昨天晚上看比賽了嗎?
I havn't seen Tom since last year.我從去年起就沒有見過湯姆了。
phone n. 電話(=telephone)
There are many phones for you taday.今天有很多電話找你。
She is speaking on the phone now.她現在正在打電話。
again adv. 又一次地
Can you say that again?你能再說一次嗎?
I never saw him again.我再也沒有見過他了。
say (said/sed/) v. 說
What did your boss say to him?你老闆是怎麼對他說的?
He left without saying goodbye.他沒說再見就離開了。
What he says is true.他的話是真的。