奧普拉·溫弗瑞:做真實的自己(二)


伊萬企業家||奧普拉·溫弗瑞:做真實的自己(二)

我的意思是 就像我某天上了電視 然後有人說

I mean like I was on TV the other day and somebody says,

“哦 奧普拉 你出名了”

“Oh, Oprah, you have a run.”

難道你之前從未見過名人麼?

Have you not seen a run before in your life?

我就是變成了他們而已

Well I get them too, let me tell you.

所以 我的意思是 我不覺得尷尬

So I mean, I can’t be embarrassed.

然而 最開始的時候

Now, when I first started out,

卻不是這樣

that was not true,

因為我在……讓自己假裝成另外一個人

because I was under the…I was pretending to be somebody I was not.

我假裝自己是芭芭拉·沃爾特斯

I was pretending to be Barbara Walters.

所以在我去記者招待會的時候

So I’d go to a news conference,

我更感興趣的是提問的措辭

and I was more interested in how I phrased(措辭) the question,

和問題的說服力

and how eloquent(雄辯的,有口才的) the question sounded.

而不是傾聽回答

As opposed to(與…截然相反) listening to the answer.

我……所以 總有這樣的狀況

I…so, which always happens

當你更熱衷於讓人們留下印象

when you’re interested in impressing people

而不是去做你該做的事情的時候

instead of doing what you’re supposed to be doing.

這浪費了我一段時間

And it took me a while,

導致我在一場新聞的直播現場手忙腳亂

it took me messing up(混亂) on the air, on during a live newscast(現場直播).

嗯 就是 就是那一刻

Well, it was, it was…it became a moment,

讓我首次感到真實

it became the first real moment I ever had.

後來 新聞的導演跟我說

And the news director(導演) later said to me,

“如果你說錯了 你應該繼續說下去

“Well, if you do that, then you should just keep going,

你不應該去糾正 讓觀眾知道你的錯誤”

you shouldn’t correct yourself and let people know.”

從那刻起 我開始意識到

So that was for me the beginning of realizing that:

你可以自嘲

Oh, you can laugh at yourself;

你可以犯錯

and you can make a mistake,

這並不是世界末日

and it’s not the end of the world,

你不必十分完美

you don’t have to be perfect.

這是我在電視行業中得到的最大的教訓

And biggest lesson for me for television,

從那以後我知道這些都不重要

because then it didn’t matter,

無傷大雅

it didn’t matter.

哦 不好意思 內衣肩帶露出來了

Oh sorry, bra strap is showing.

不要害怕犯錯

Not being afraid to make mistakes

是最難做到的

is one of the hardest things to learn how to do,

但或許也是你能學到的 最實用 最重要的能力之一

and probably one of the most useful and important things that you can learn,

不限於企業家 常人也是如此

not just as an entrepreneur, but as a human being.


分享到:


相關文章: