Am I supposed to be impressed?你想用这个打动我吗?



Gabrielle: "They're charging you with a hate crime?"

他们以仇视性犯罪起诉你?

charge sb. with sth.因.....指控某人.....

Carlos: "You remember when our cable guy was beaten up? That was me. I thought you were cheating with him."

还记得那个电视修理工被揍得事吗?那是我干的。我以为你跟他有一腿。

Gabrielle: "With our gay cable guy?"

跟一个修电视的同性恋?

Carlos: "I didn't know he was gay. I didn't know Justin was either. Now the cops think I'm some kind of serial gay basher."

我不知道他是同性恋。我也不知道贾斯汀也是同性恋。现在警察认为我虐待性恋同。。

Gabrielle: "Well, you sort of are."

你是有点。

Carlos: " You provoked me. You were pretending to have an affair just to punish me."

都是你害的。你为了报复我,让我觉得你有外遇。

provoke v. 激起; 引起; 引发; 挑衅

Gabrielle: "Well, obviously."

没错啊。

Carlos: "So now, I need you to lie again. I need you to tell the cops you were having an affair and that I just beat up the wrong guy. Guys ."

哟一你得帮我撒个谎,告诉警察你有外遇我想教训一下那家伙,只是找错人了。两次都找错人。

Gabrielle: "I am not lying for you, Carlos."

我不会为你撒谎的。

Carlos: "Gabby, if this charge sticks, I get sent away for eight years."

加布,如果我背上这个罪名,我就要坐8年牢

charge n. 指控; 控告

stick vi. 钉住;坚持,遵守;粘贴;生效,起作用

Gabrielle: "Am I supposed to be impressed? Because of your little stunt with my birth control pills, I've lost my freedom for the next eighteen years."

你想用这个说动我吗?因为你对我的避孕药动手脚,往后的十八年我都不得消停。

“be supposed to” 的意思是:应该。

“ be impressed”的意思是“感到印象深刻,被...打动"

be stunt n. 愚蠢行为; 危险举动

Carlos: "Gabby please don't do this. Gabby, don't walk away. Gabby!"

加布,别这样,加布,别走。


分享到:


相關文章: