英语自学系列——经典回顾《泰坦尼克号》,重温感人爱情

视频文本:

Tell us of the accommodations in steerage Mr. Dawson, I hear they're quite good on this ship.

道森先生 告诉我们在三等舱住的感受吧 我听说那里好像很不错

Jack here has been momentarily invited to share dinner in first class.

在这里 杰克被临时邀请到去头等舱共享晚餐

英语自学系列——经典回顾《泰坦尼克号》,重温感人爱情

Perhaps you could join us for dinner tomorrow evening.

也许 明天晚上你可以和我们一起吃晚饭

He comes from the steerage, which in a passenger ship, is the part of a ship providing the cheapest accommodation for passengers.

他来自三等舱 是这艘客轮中为乘客提供的最差的船舱

In the past, this is where immigrants would sleep when traveling to a far away place.

在过去 当移民者们到一个遥远的地方旅行时 他们都会睡在这里

When we say accommodations we mean a place for someone to stay temporarily.

当我们说到住宿时 我们指的是某人短暂停留的地方

For example, when you're in another city, you might need to find accommodations to stay the night.

例如 当你在另一个城市时 你可能需要找一间住宿过夜

英语自学系列——经典回顾《泰坦尼克号》,重温感人爱情

On the Titanic, the passengers accommodations are the room where he or she stayed.

在泰坦尼克号上 乘客的住宿就是他或她住的房间

The price for the holiday includes flights and accommodations.

度假的费用包括机票和住宿

The university provides free accommodations for first-year students.

这所大学为大一学生提供免费住宿

Then the woman says "I hear they're quite good".

接着 这个女人说到"我听说三等舱那里蛮好的"

英语自学系列——经典回顾《泰坦尼克号》,重温感人爱情

When we say I hear we're basically saying I know about something because someone has told me.

当我们说"I hear",基本上表达的意思就是"我知道这个事了 有人告诉过我"

And we use it to introduce a subject that we want to talk about with someone.

我们常常用这个说法来介绍我们想和某人谈论的话题

So Barney, I hear you and Nora had a fun time at laser tag.

巴尼 我听说你和诺拉在激光枪战中玩得很开心

I don't know where you heard that, it was a disaster.

我不知道你从哪听说的 那简直太糟糕了

英语自学系列——经典回顾《泰坦尼克号》,重温感人爱情

This is different from the common expression "I hear you" which means I understand what you're saying.

这和"I hear you"不同,"I hear you"的意思是"我明白你所说的"

-Like I said, we will not be back until late.

就像我说的 我们很晚才会回去

-I hear you, Mrs. Dunphy, you can trust me.

我明白了 邓菲太太 你可以相信我

Jack answers the question about the state of the steerage in the following way.

杰克用接下来的方式回答了关于他在三等舱呆的如何这个问题

The best I've seen, ma'am. Hardly any rats.

那是我住过最好的 女士 几乎没有老鼠

英语自学系列——经典回顾《泰坦尼克号》,重温感人爱情

Ma'am is short for madam and is a word we use to address a woman in a polite and respectful way.

"ma'am"是单词"madam"的缩写 是我们用来礼貌、恭敬地称呼女性的词

-Go back and turn the heaters on in our rooms. I'd like a cup of tea when I return.

回去把我们房间里的暖气打开 我回去时想喝杯茶

-Yes, ma'am.

好的 女士

英语自学系列——经典回顾《泰坦尼克号》,重温感人爱情

Hardly any rats means almost no rats or very few rats.

"Hardly any rats"表示"几乎没有老鼠,或者是很少老鼠"

There was hardly any traffic.

路上几乎没有车

This is a comical response which gives us an idea of what you could expect in the steerage area of a ship.

这是一个滑稽的回答 变相的告诉他人"在三等舱你还可以期待什么呢"

Rats wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary.

老鼠不会是什么不寻常的东西(意思就是 老鼠是很常见的)

好啦,今天的英语教学就到这里啦。

想了解更多实用的学英语方法,欢迎关注我,期待大家的留言!我们下期不见不散!

英语自学系列——经典回顾《泰坦尼克号》,重温感人爱情

点击【了解更多】,无需支付0元参团,参团立享3节体验课+4节公开课


分享到:


相關文章: