You have some nerve talking about trust 你有什麼臉跟我談信任

這一期學習下面兩句口語:

【1】Well, me being pretty and therefore stupid, I forgot.

因為我胸大無腦,我給忘了。

【2】You have some nerve talking about trust when you have a secret bank account in the Cayman Islands.

你在開曼群島開了個秘密賬戶你還有什麼臉跟我談信任。

nerve n.神經;勇氣;敏感處;葉脈;厚臉皮

have some nerve doing 也可以寫成have the nerve

英文釋義:To do something bold, daring, or impudent.

兩方面含義:

1.做事有些魯莽,厚顏無恥,(說話者認為該行為魯莽不合適)

2.褒義方面:有勇氣做某事

Wow, that intern has some nerve asking for a raise on her first day!

那個住院實習醫生竟然敢在第一天上班就要求加薪!

You really have a nerve, asking Mom for money when you already know she's in a bad mood.

明知道媽媽心情不好你竟然敢跟她要錢,你好大的膽子啊。

You have some nerve! 中文意思: 你有些魯莽!

He had the nerve to scold his boss in public.

他敢當眾指責老闆。


[INT:Solis House -Living Room -Day白天在卡洛斯家的客廳]

(Gabrielle is filing her nails, Carlos places a piece of paper on the coffee table.加布麗爾在修腳趾甲,卡洛斯把一張紙放在茶几上)

Gabrielle: What's that?那是什麼?

Carlos: It's called a post nuptial agreement. It's a legal document that-

這叫婚後協議,是一種法律協議

Gabrielle: No, I know what a post-nup is, what is it doing on my coffee table?

不,我知道什麼叫婚後協議,為什麼它會出現在我的茶几上

Carlos: Well, I can forgive that stunt you pulled with the settlement cheque. If I'm sure that you'll really be around when I get out of jail.

我可以原諒你在和解金上耍的花招,只要確信我出獄後你還在我身邊。

Gabrielle: Hmm, so the post-nup changes the terms of the pre-nup so that-

婚後協議條款改變了婚前協議條款

Carlos: So if you try to divorce me while I'm gone, you'll get nothing.

所以如果你想趁我不在的時候跟我離婚,你就什麼也得不到。

Gabrielle: You don't trust me?

你不信任我?

Carlos: I'm afraid not.

恐怕是這樣,

Gabrielle: Well, that's too bad. Because I'm not signing that piece of paper.

那可太糟了,因為我不會簽字的。

(Carlos puts a pen on top of the paper and stands beside the sofa she's sat on.)

Carlos: You're a very beautiful woman. Gabrielle. But, you're not very bright. If you don't sign it, I'll pull the plug on the settlement agreement, divorce you. And then you get what amounts to about 50% of our current savings, which is basically nothing.

amounts to 等於

加布麗爾你是個漂亮的女人,但你不夠聰明。如果你不籤,我就撕毀和解協議,跟你離婚。那麼你將得到我現在存款的50%,金額幾乎為零

Gabrielle: So what do you expect to happen right now, Carlos? I sign the papers and jump into your arms.

那你現在想怎麼樣?卡洛斯,簽了協議然後跳進你懷抱。

Carlos: This doesn't mean I don't love you. You know I think you're the perfect woman.

那並不意味著我不愛你,你知道在我心目中你又多完美。

Gabrielle: Oh, but I'm not. I have flaws.

我不完美,我有缺點

Carlos: Flaws?

缺點?

Gabrielle: Uh huh. I'll even give you an example. Remember the time you were in jail and you told me about your secret compartment and you told me to burn the papers that I found in there. Well, me being pretty and therefore stupid, I forgot.

給你舉個例子吧,還記得你上次在坐監獄的時候,告訴我秘密隔間的事嗎,你還讓我把裡面的文件都燒了,因為我胸大無腦,我忘記燒了。

Carlos: You didn't burn the papers?

你沒把那些文件燒了

Gabrielle: Worse. I read them.

更糟,我還看了那些文件

(Gabrielle gets up and confronts Carlos)

Carlos: Okay, okay.


You have some nerve talking about trust 你有什麼臉跟我談信任

Gabrielle: You have some nerve talking about trust when you have a secret bank account in the Cayman Islands.

你在開曼群島開了個秘密賬戶你還有什麼臉跟我談信任。

Carlos: That was a safety net for both of us.

那是為我們倆準備的安全網,

Gabrielle: I'll bet.我保證

Carlos: Have you told anyone else about this?

你沒跟別人說起過吧。

Gabrielle: No, but I could. Hey, isn't that why the prosecution didn't have a case against you? They couldn't find the profits you made. So if I were you, Carlos, I wouldn't mention the words divorce, trust or post- nup ever again. You don't wanna piss me off.

我沒有,但我可以。那是不是控方沒法起訴你的原因。他們查不到你賺的錢在哪。如果我是你,我會隻字不提。離婚,信任,婚後協議什麼的,你別惹我。

prosecution n. 控告,起訴,檢舉

(Carlos is angry and throws a vase at the wall, where it smashes.)

Gabrielle: I know baby, it hurts to lose.

我明白,寶貝失去時痛苦的。


分享到:


相關文章: