His visual instincts are off the chart.他的領悟力也超乎尋常

口語學習:

1.It's forever since we had lunch.

我們很久沒在一起吃午飯了。

2.As happy as I am to see you, I actually have an agenda.

我也很高興見到你,不過其實我是有企圖的。

3.Yeah, he's been thinking about making a move for a while.

他已經蠢蠢欲動了好一陣子了

4.He kind of feels like he's done everything he can where he is now.

目前他感覺自己的職業發展遇到了瓶頸

5.His visual instincts are off the chart.

他的領悟力也超乎尋常。



(Natalie: "This is fun. It's forever since we had lunch."

這很有趣,我們很久沒在一起吃午飯了。

Lynette: "Well, as happy as I am to see you, I actually have an agenda. I ran into someone last week who said you guys were looking to hire. Is that true?"

我也很高興見到你,不過其實我是有企圖的。上週我聽說你們在招人。是真的嗎?

Natalie: "Yeah. Are you thinking of coming back? Because say the word -"

是真的,這麼說,你打算回來啦。

Lynette: "No, no, not me. I was actually thinking more about Tom."

不不,不是我,其實是湯姆。

Natalie: "Oh, Tom?"

喔,是湯姆。

Lynette: "Yeah, he's been thinking about making a move for a while. He kind of feels like he's done everything he can where he is now."

他已經蠢蠢欲動了好一陣子了,目前他感到自己的職業發展遇到了瓶頸。

Natalie: "Huh. Well, Tom's certainly solid."

湯姆確實是不錯的。

solid adj. 可信賴的,可靠的

Lynette: "He's more than solid, Tom's ideas are spectacular. He's passionate about his work. His visual instincts are off the chart."

他不僅僅不錯,他的創意簡直是無與倫比,他對工作充滿熱情,他的領悟力也超乎尋常。

chart, 是表格的意思,off 離開的意思,off the charts,不在表格上了,意思是超常。

Natalie: "Is he as good as you?"

他和你一樣優秀嗎?

Lynette: "He's apples, I'm oranges, we excel in different areas. Trust me, you should give Tom a look."

他是蘋果,我是橘子,我們各有優勢。相信我,考慮一下湯姆吧。

Natalie: "I don't need apples. I need someone like you. Cutthroat. Ruthless."

我不需要蘋果。我需要像你這樣的人。冷酷無情,乾脆利落。

Lynette: "Geez, Nat, you make me feel like some kind of shark. Ah, okay. You know, actually, if that's the kind of exec you're looking for..."

天啊,娜塔,你把我說得像條鯊魚。好的,你知道,實際上,如果你找的是這類型,

exec=executive officer n. 執行官;主任參謀

Natalie: "You'd get a shark for me?"

你手頭有這樣的人?

Lynette: "Yes, a very pretty shark."

沒錯,一條漂亮的鯊魚。


分享到:


相關文章: