奥普拉·温弗瑞:做真实的自己(一)

奥普拉·温弗瑞美国著名演员,制片,脱口秀主持人。唯一作品《我坚信》。她是美国第一位黑人亿万富翁。


伊万企业家||奥普拉·温弗瑞:做真实的自己(一)



早上好 这里是Believe Nation 我是伊万

Good morning Believe Nation, it’s Evan.


我的人生信条是信任

My one word is believe,


我比人们更加地相信他们自己

and I believe in people more than they believe in themselves.


我真诚地希望

And my sincere hope is that


如果你能看到我在你身上发现的东西

if you see in yourself what I see in you,


你将可以改变这个世界

you will be able to change the planet.


所以 为了助你一臂之力

So to help you on your journey,


我们今天的关键词是“回归本真”

Today’s message is “Be Authentic(adj. 真正的,真实的)”.


交给你了 奥普拉·温弗瑞

Over to you Oprah Winfrey.


[鸡鸣声]

[Rooster(n. 公鸡;狂妄自负的人) crowing]


#我每早醒来#

#I wake up every morning#


#Entspresso给我动力#

#Espresso keep me going#


#我每早醒来#

#I wake up every morning#


我认为成功是一个过程

I think that success is a process.


我相信我成功的开始源于三岁半时在科修斯科山浸信会教堂的那一场复活节演讲

And I believe that my first Easter(n. 复活节) speech in Kosciusko Baptist Church,at the age of three and a half, was, was the begining.


其后的每一次演讲,每一本读过的书,每一次的公共演讲

And that every other speech,every other book I read,every other time I spoke in public,


都是我成功的基石

was, was a building block.


因此当我第一次

So that by the time I first


坐在电视摄像机前试镜时

sat down to audition(试演;试镜) in front of a television camera,


有个人说“读一段”

and somebody say read this


那时 我可以读得十分顺畅

What allowed me to read it so comfortably


表现得轻松自在

and be so at ease with myself at that time,


的实际原因在于 我这样做已经有一段时间了

was the fact that I’ve been doing it a while.


如果我从未读过书

If I’ve never read a book,


之前从未在公众面前演讲

like never spoken in public before,


那么这次经历也许(不会那么顺利) 也许会让我深受打击

I would have been traumatized(/'traumə,taizd/ 受外伤;痛苦的) by it.


所以事实上 1986年“奥普拉脱口秀”在全国播出之后

So, the fact that we went on the air(在广播) with“The Oprah Winfrey Show” in 1986 nationally.


人们说

And people say,


“哦 你看 你在摄像机前是如此的放松

“Oh, but you see how you’re so comfortable in front of camera,


你可以真实的表现自己”

you can be yourself”.


那是因为从我19岁开始 就一直在坚持着做我自己

Well, it’s because I’ve been being myself since I was 19.


我不会……

And I would not have…


如果在直播中 我从未犯过错

I would not have been able to be as comfortable with myself,


也不允许犯错

had I not made mistakes on the air,


那我就不可能像现在这样 如此轻松的表现我自己

and been allowed to make mistakes on the air.


所以你要知道 犯错没关系

And understand that it doesn’t matter, you know.


对我来说 没有什么事情会让我为难

I…there’s no such thing to me as an embarrassing moment,


没有

no such thing.


即使我绊倒了

If I tripped(绊倒了) and fell,


内衣肩带露出来了

if my bra strap(n. 带子) showed,


滑倒了

if my slip fell off,


摔到了脸

if I fell flat on my face…


这些事情从来没有令我为难

There’s no such thing as an embarrassing moment,


因为我知道这种状况

because I know that there is not a moment


不只我会在直播中经历到

that I could possibly experience on the air,


其他人也会

that somebody else hasn’t already experienced.


所以如果发生了 你就说

So when it happens, you say,


“哦 我滑倒了”

“Oh, my slip fell off”,


没什么大不了的

and it’s no big deal.


分享到:


相關文章: