BBC動畫職場 43 做消費者調查


Hello again.

又見面了。

Last time on English at Work, we heard Anna leaving Tom crying into his cold pizza.

上次在“職場英語”中,我們聽到安娜留下傷心的湯姆和他冷掉的披薩。

He may not have had the evening he was expecting, but for Anna it was a huge success.

他可能沒有度過一個預期的夜晚,但對安娜來說卻是成功的一晚。

She came up with an idea for a new plastic vegetable and now she needs to pitch it to Paul, the boss.

她想到了一個新型塑料蔬菜的點子,現在她要去說服老闆保羅。

… so I think I'll go for the blue, Marge, it matches my eyes… well almost…

我想我會選藍色,瑪吉,更配我眼睛的顏色。

Morning Denise!

早上好,丹尼斯!

Oh, hello Anna.

你好,安娜。

… yes, Anna, bright girl, what she sees in Tom I'll never know… what? !

是的,安娜,那個聰明的女孩,真不知道她到底看上湯姆什麼了……什麼?!

. . . ha, ha, I'm sure you would…

我肯定你會的……

Oh hi Tom. You're in early.

你好,湯姆,你來的很早。

Uh? Oh yeah, couldn't sleep after you'd left.

是的,你走後我就睡不著了。

Tom, it was a fantastic night – unforgettable in fact.

湯姆,真是美妙的一晚,事實上,太難忘了。

Thanks so much.

太感謝了。

Did you hear that Marge?

你聽到了嗎,瑪吉?

She said it was 'unforgettable'!

她說了難以忘懷的!

Looks like they're getting very serious…

看起來他們是認真的。

You're such a gossip, Denise.

丹尼斯,你真是八卦。

The only thing Anna is serious about is her new idea.

安娜唯一認真的就是她的新計劃。

How's it going Anna?

怎麼樣,安娜?

I'm really excited about launching a new product, although Tom doesn't seem so keen.

我對發行新產品感到很興奮,儘管湯姆並不是很上心。

Don't worry about him.

別擔心他。

You need to concentrate on convincing Paul that your new idea will bring in the business.

你要集中精力說服保羅,你的新想法可以帶來生意。

But how?

但怎麼做呢?

You need to pitch the idea to him but before that, you need to do some research.

你要向他推銷你的點子,但在這之前你得做一些調查。

Yes, of course – research – but how do I do that?

是的,當然要做調查,但我要怎麼做呢?

Check out the competition, work out some costs and find out what new product people would really like to see.

查看對手,計算出成本,看看人們喜歡什麼樣的新產品。

Why not do a customer survey? !

為什麼不做一下消費者調查?

A customer survey. Right.

消費者調查,對。

But what should I ask?

但我該問什麼呢?

Say: 'Could I ask for your opinion on a new product we are hoping to develop? '

比如說:“關於我們要開發的新產品,我可以問您點意見嗎?”

'What plastic products do you currently use? '

你們目前用的是什麼塑料產品?

'What products would you like us to make in the future? '

您希望我們未來可以為您製作出什麼樣的產品?

'How do you feel about the idea of selling plastic vegetables? '

對於賣塑料蔬菜的想法,您怎麼看?

'Any particular vegetable you would like to see? '

您想看到什麼特殊的蔬菜嗎?

OK, so it's like a questionnaire.

好的,就像問卷調查。

I need to do some cold calling again!

我又要打一些無約電話了!

Good luck!

祝你好運!

I think I'm going to need some help with this.

我想我需要一些幫助。

Tom, Denise, have you got time to help me… please?

湯姆,丹尼斯,你們有時間幫我一下嗎?拜託。

Of course Anna.

當然了,安娜。

Yeah, well it's a bit tricky with my… ouch… sprained arm.

好的,對於我扭傷的手臂有點困難。

But go on. As it's you.

但是因為是你就沒關係。

Thanks.

謝謝。

We need to call up some companies and find out how interested they would be in buying plastic vegetables.

我們要給一些公司打電話,看看他們對購買塑料蔬菜有什麼興趣。

Oh lovely. I love talking to people on the phone.

太好了。我最喜歡打電話。

You certainly do Denise!

你肯定是這樣的,丹尼斯。

Good Denise.

很好,丹尼斯。

If you work your way through our business directory, call our existing customers and ask these questions.

如果查看我們的企業名單的話,給現有客戶打電話並問這些問題。

I'll get onto it straight away.

我馬上就辦。

Great, and Tom, could you help me by cold calling some new businesses?

太好了,湯姆,你能幫我給一些新公司打訪問電話嗎?

Oh yeah sure. I've got loads of contacts.

當然。我有很多聯絡關係。

. . . . . .

I suppose I had better make some calls too.

我想我最好也打幾個電話。

Hmm, let's try this one.

試試這個吧。

7-4-3-9-1-0-0

7-4-3-9-1-0-0

Hello. Plastic Purr-fection. Can I help you?

您好,Plastic Purr-fection公司,我能為您做什麼?

Oh hi. I'm Anna from Tip Top Trading, we make and sell plastic fruits.

你好,我是Tip Top Trading的安娜,我們是製作銷售塑料水果的公司。

I'm trying some to get some opinions on a new product we're trying to develop.

我們想對開發的新產品瞭解一些您的看法。

Can you spare a few minutes to help me?

您有時間幫我嗎?

Well I'm quite busy at the moment but I'll try and help.

我這時有點忙,但我可以幫忙。

Thank you.

謝謝。

I'll be as quick as I can.

我會盡快。

Firstly, what plastic products do you use at the moment?

首先,您現在用的是什麼塑料產品?

All sorts – plastic balls, plastic fish, plastic mice…

各種各樣的,塑料球,塑料魚,塑料老鼠……

Plastic mice? ! Oh, I see.

塑料老鼠?我知道了。

And… errr… what sort of things would you like us to sell… in the future?

您希望我們以後賣什麼產品呢?

Let's think… erm … more squeaky toys.

讓我想想,更多吱吱叫的玩具。

Squeaky toys? ! What about plastic vegetables?

吱吱叫的玩具?塑料蔬菜怎麼樣呢?

Do they squeak?

它們會吱吱叫嗎?

Err, not really.

不會。

I think there might be some confusion here.

我認為這裡有點誤會。

Do you use plastic fruits in restaurants and shops?

你們在餐廳和商店裡使用塑料水果嗎?

No. We just sell plastic toys… for cats, hence the name 'plastic purr-fection'.

不,我們賣給貓咪玩的塑料玩具,因此公司叫plastic purr-fection。

Oh I see, ha, ha.

我懂了。

A good name, but, I'm sorry you're not really the business I was looking for.

好名字,但抱歉,您不是我們尋找合作的企業。

Thanks for your time anyway. Bye.

總之謝謝您的寶貴時間,再見。

Bye. Get down Tiddles!

再見。下來,Tiddles!

Uh-oh Anna. It's a good idea to check exactly what type of business you are calling before carrying out your survey.

安娜,最好在調查前先查清是什麼樣的公司。

Better luck next time!

祝你下次好運!

If you're doing some research and want to get the opinions of your customers, here's a reminder of the questions you could ask.

如果你要做調查徵求客戶的意見,這裡有一些可以問的問題。

Could I ask for your opinion on a new product we are hoping to develop?

關於我們要開發的新產品,我可以問您點意見嗎?

What plastic products do you currently use?

你們目前用的是什麼塑料產品?

What products would you like to see us sell in the future?

您希望我們未來可以為您出售什麼樣的產品?

How do you feel about the idea of selling plastic vegetables?

您覺得賣塑料蔬菜的主意怎麼樣?

Any particular vegetable you would like to see?

你希望看到什麼特殊的蔬菜嗎?

. . . . . .

Let's find out how the team is getting on.

看看這個團隊的進展如何。

That was fun.

很有意思。

I called 10 companies, asked them your questions – one man asked me out for dinner – anyway, I've created a database and put all the information there.

我給10個公司打電話詢問了你的那些問題,其中一個男的還邀請我共進晚餐,總之,我建了一個數據庫,把信息都寫在裡面了。

Well I've called 20 companies and they all say plastic vegetables would be a great addition to their range… especially aubergines!

我給20個公司打了電話,他們都覺得塑料蔬菜是很好的附加產品,尤其是茄子!

Great. Well, I had some success too so I'll put all the results in that database.

太好了,我也打成了幾通電話,我會把所有結果都寫在數據庫裡。

Thanks everyone.

謝謝大家。

Oh no… what's happened?

不,出什麼事了?

Denise! Denise!

丹尼斯,丹尼斯!

Everything's disappeared off the computer!

電腦裡的東西都沒了!

Hey, my computer's gone blank.

我的電腦也是一片空白。

We've lost all our documents!

我們所有的資料都沒了!

Oh no a computer crash!

不,電腦死機了!

Has Tip Top Trading lost all its valuable information?

Tip Top Trading裡有價值的信息都丟了嗎?

Find out next time in English at Work. Bye!

下次在“職場英語”裡一探究竟吧,再見!


分享到:


相關文章: