03.02 美劇學口語They'll be talking shop for the rest of the night


[Lynette's House勒納特的家]

(Tom, Lynette, Alisa and her husband, Dennis, are having dinner. 兩對夫婦共進晚餐。Alisa is signing and her husband it translating.艾莉莎比手語,她丈夫在翻譯)

Dennis (translating Alisa's signing): "This is so delicious. I don't know how you find the time with four kids." 這真美味。帶四個孩子,居然還能做出這麼多的菜。

Lynette: "Only for first time guests. Normally you'd be having, um, chicken fingers and cartoon shaped macaroni."只有初次拜訪的客人才有這個待遇。通常我們只吃雞爪和卡通狀通心粉。

Tom: "If that."要是那樣的話。

Lynette: "Hey. Shut up.別說。

Alisa: "Tom, you're in advertising, right?"

湯姆,你在做廣告嗎?

Tom: "Uh hm."

Alisa: "I worked five years at Simon and Scott."

我在西門斯科特上了五年班

Tom: "Well, I started at Simon and Scott. I hated those guys."

我一開始就是在西門斯科特上班的,我討厭那些傢伙。

(Everyone laughs.)

Alisa: "But we have to talk."我們得談談。

Tom: "Yes. Who do you know? Do you know who's there now?"

沒錯。你認識那兒什麼人嗎?你知道誰還在那上班?

(Tom scoots his chair closer to Alisa's and Dennis turns to Lynette.)

湯姆把凳子挪過去靠近艾莉莎,丹尼斯轉向勒納特。

Dennis: "Well, it's all over now. They'll be talking shop for the rest of the night. Alisa loves talking about Alisa."現在完了。他們要聊一整晚的廣告。艾莉莎就喜歡她自己。

talk shop 英文釋義:to talk about work-related things

中文釋義:談論本行; 三句不離本行,談論工作相關的事情,特別是和別人說一下行話。三句話不離老本行的感覺~

After work,he always talks shop,and I prefer to forget about the job until the next day.

下班後,他老是三句話不離本行,而我則喜歡把工作忘掉,第二天再說。

Lynette: "Well, Lynette loves talking about Lynette, too."

勒納特也喜歡談自己呢。

Dennis: "Oh I don't believe that for a second. You and your husband seem pretty solid."

我一點兒也不相信。你和你丈夫看起來感情很好

(Tom and Alisa can be seen and heard talking in the background.湯姆和艾莉莎兩個人談得熱絡)

Dennis: "We're going through some tough stuff. We're in counseling."

我們目前有點不順,我們在做婚姻諮詢

Tom (in the background): "They're nice people."

他們都是好人。

Lynette (uncomfortably): "Oh really? More steak?"

真的嗎?要不要再來點牛排。

Dennis: "It was her idea. It's not the most pleasant way to spend an hour. Basically, I look at the clock and she blames me for everything."

是她得主意。

那一小時可真難熬,基本上我都在看鐘,她在那指責我一無是處

Lynette: "I don't think we should be talking about Alisa with her, so..."

我覺得你不該當著艾莉莎的面說這些

(She gestures over at Alisa.她手指向艾莉莎)

Dennis: "It's okay, it's not like she can hear. Maybe I'll have some more of that potato stuff."

沒關係,反正她也聽不到。也許我該再吃點土豆什麼的

口語學習:"It's not like (that)+從句"是一個很實用的句型。中文意思:又不是,又沒有,反正...又不會怎麼樣,通常用來反駁前面別人的說法。

(A shocked Lynette stares at Dennis.勒納特吃驚地盯著丹尼斯)

(Later, Tom and Lynette clear the dishes.過會兒,湯姆和勒納特收拾碟子)

Tom: "He actually said those things with her just sitting right there?"

他真的那樣說,當著她的面?

Lynette: "

It was really nasty and he wouldn't shut up either."

真噁心,而且他還不肯閉嘴

Tom (disgusted): "Ahhh."

Lynette: "I can't believe you said we'd play tennis with them."

你居然還約了和他們一起打網球。

Tom: "Honey, that was before I knew that he was a jerk. She was great. Look what she taught me."

當時我哪知道他那麼混蛋,她可真不錯。瞧瞧她教了我什麼。

Tom (signs) : "I Love You."比手語;我愛你

Tom: "Means I love you."意思是我愛你

Lynette: "Yeah, that's great. What am I gonna do?"

是很棒,那我該怎麼辦?

Tom: "What do you mean?"

你什麼意思?

Lynette: "Well, obviously she needs to be told."

顯然她需要知道真相。

Tom: "Wha-no, no, no, she doesn't. This is between Dennis and Alisa."

不不,她不需要,那是丹尼斯和艾莉莎之間的事。

Lynette: "How can I ignore this? And I quote, 'It's not like she can hear.'"

我怎麼能坐視不管?那叫什麼話:”反正她也聽不到。“

Tom: "Lynette, you're starting to ramp up into that whole meddling thing that you do."

勒納特這件事你有點管得太寬了。

ramp 是斜面、斜坡,也指登機的梯子。作為動詞,ramp up有加強、增加的意思。

meddling adj. 愛管閒事的;好乾預的;管閒事的;干預的

Lynette: "Excuse me!"什麼?

Tom: "Let me just handle it. Let's avoid a big thing."

讓我來吧。別把事鬧大。

Lynette: "Are you saying I can't be tactful?"

你是說我處理得不好嗎?

tactful adj. 機智的,機敏的;得體的;老練的,圓滑的

Tom: "No. If he says something when we play tennis, I will take him aside

man to man and say that's not cool."

要是打網球時他又說那樣的話,我就把他拉到一邊,坦率地告訴他:那樣不好。

Lynette: "Are you saying I'm not tactful?"

你的意思是我處理不好這事?

(Tom looks as though he does not know what to say so instead he signs "I love you" to Lynette. She grabs his finger and pushes him back.湯姆不知道如何回答,只好比手語說:我愛你。勒納特抓住他的手指往後推)

Tom: "Ow, ow, ow, owww."


分享到:


相關文章: