雙語閱讀:the Toughest Job in the World(含MP3錄音)

請點擊右上角藍色“+關注”,關注英語週報頭條號,及時接收精彩內容。

聆聽美文

Mom, the Toughest Job in the World

母親,世界上最艱苦的工作

雙語閱讀:the Toughest Job in the World(含MP3錄音)

If you know me, you know that I always describe moms as our domestic engineers as having the toughest jobs in the world.

如果你認識我,你知道我一向都描述媽媽像國內工程師一樣是世界上最艱苦的工作。

They have so many hats to wear, so many balls to juggle, the cleaning, the cooking, the kids education, and on and on.

她們有很多帽子要戴,很多球來玩耍,清洗,烹飪,孩子的教育,等等的一切。

So the question is does it really have to be the toughest jobs in the world, does it have to be that tough?

所以問題是這是否真的是世界上最艱難的工作,真的很難嗎?

雙語閱讀:the Toughest Job in the World(含MP3錄音)

I think that it can be easier.

我覺得可容易多了。

First of all, dads can help more.

首先,爸爸可以幫忙。

There is no doubt about that.

而這點是毫無疑問的。

But you what, I think kids can help more, too.

但是你知道嗎,我想孩子們可以幫助更多。

Moms do too much for their kids, they spoil their kids.

媽媽為孩子做太多事情,他們溺愛孩子。

I think they should be teaching their kids how to clean a little.

我認為他們應該教他們的孩子如何幹淨一點。

雙語閱讀:the Toughest Job in the World(含MP3錄音)

Why should moms clean up after their kids, if their kids are old enough to do themselves?

媽媽為什麼總要善後,如果孩子長大能夠自己做呢?

It does make sense to me.

它的確有道理。

Sure, kids need to study, but they need to clean up after themselves.

當然,孩子們需要學習,但是他們需要清潔自己。

Spoiling a kid is not going to make the toughest job in the world any easier.

溺愛孩子不會使世界上最艱鉅的工作變得輕鬆。

If you teach a kid how to clean you are teaching him a great skill, and how to take care of themselves, and how to be more responsible.

如果你教一個孩子如何清潔,你就教會他很了不起的技巧,以及如何照顧自己,如何能更負責任。

雙語閱讀:the Toughest Job in the World(含MP3錄音)

A wise man once said, give a man a fish, feed him a day, teach a man how to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

一位智者曾經說過,給一個人一條魚,就給他吃一天,教他如何捕魚,他能一輩子餵飽自己。

I agree.

我同意這個看法。

Now that I think about it, maybe it wasn't the mom who came up with this phrase.

既然我想到了它,也許媽媽誰想出了這個詞。

Talk about it.

談論它。

What is your mom like?

你的媽媽什麼樣子?

Do you think being a mom is the toughest job in the world?

你認為媽媽是世界上最艱鉅的工作嗎?

雙語閱讀:the Toughest Job in the World(含MP3錄音)

How do you help your mom every day?

你每一天怎麼幫你媽媽?

What can a dad do the help?

你的爸爸能夠幫助媽媽嗎?

What does "give a man a fish, feed him a day, teach a man how to fish, feed him a lifetime" mean to you?

給一個人一條魚,喂他一天;教一個人如何捕魚,給他一輩子對你意味著什麼?

What are some other tough jobs?

其他一些艱苦的工作是什麼?

Why are they tough?

這些工作為什麼如此艱難?

Does your mom have her own free time?

你的媽媽有自己的空閒時間嗎?

雙語閱讀:the Toughest Job in the World(含MP3錄音)

When was the last time she had a vacation, or a day just for your dad?

上次她有一個假期是什麼時間,還是一天只是為了你的爸爸?

Does your mom spoil you?

你的媽媽溺愛你嗎?

What does your mother do that you can do yourselves, instead?

你媽媽做的,你自己能做嗎?

How do you show appreciation to you mother for everything she does for you?

你怎麼表達對你的母親為你做的每一件事的敬意?

雙語閱讀:the Toughest Job in the World(含MP3錄音)

雙語閱讀:the Toughest Job in the World(含MP3錄音)

詞語解釋

1. tough a.棘手的;艱苦的

The government is taking a tough line on drug abuse.

政府對濫用麻醉藥品採取強硬方針。

2. domestic a.家庭的;國內的;馴養的

The store deals in objects of domestic utility.

那家商店出售家庭用品。

3. juggle v.玩雜耍

When did you learn to juggle.

你什麼時候學的雜耍?

4. spoil v.寵壞;溺愛

A fond mother may spoil her child.

溺愛的母親可能會寵壞她的孩子。

5. responsible a.有責任的;負責的

Who's responsible for the terrible mess?

誰應該對這種混亂負責?

後語:堅持是一種信仰,專注是一種態度!每一次您的轉發,就是對我們的認同和鼓勵!親們,喜歡就積極轉發吧,您的每一次轉發,都是我們持續的原創動力。原創的路上感恩有您一路同行!!!

關注“英語週報”頭條號,最原創、最海量、最有價值、最有內容、最有情懷的深度閱讀平臺。


分享到:


相關文章: