伊索寓言25:下金蛋的鵝(下),少兒中英文+MP3,讀故事學英語


伊索寓言25:下金蛋的鵝(下),少兒中英文+MP3,讀故事學英語


The Goose with Golden Egg

下金蛋的鵝(下)

More months passed and the Farmer and his Wife became quite rich.

又過了幾個月,農夫和他的妻子已經相當富有了。

Farmer: We are now quite rich. Thanks to the Goose.

我們現在已經相當富有了,多虧了那隻鵝。

Wife: Yes. But I want to get really rich fast.

是呀,不過我想快點變得更富有。

Farmer: How?

那要怎麼做呢?

Wife: Think. We don't know how the Goose lays the golden eggs. But we know where they are coming from.

你想想,我們不知道那隻鵝怎麼會下金蛋,可是我們知道那些金蛋是從哪裡來的。

Farmer: We do? Where?

我們知道嗎?從哪裡?

Wife: From the Goose's stomach, of course. So its stomach must be full of golden eggs.

當然是從那隻鵝的肚子裡呀,所以它的肚子裡一定裝滿了金蛋。

Farmer: Perhaps. I don't know.

或許吧,我不知道。

Wife: Can't you see? We can become really rich all at once.

你不明白嗎?我們可以一夜致富呀。

Farmer: What do you mean?

你的意思是?

Wife: Cut open the Goose's stomach. Take out all of the golden eggs inside.

剖開那隻餓的肚子,拿出裡面所有的金蛋。

Farmer: You mean kill the Goose?

你是說殺了那隻鵝?

Wife: Yes. A golden egg a day is too slow. I want to become really rich. Now!

每天一個金蛋太慢了,我要變得非常富有,立刻!

Farmer: But it has given us a golden egg every day. It made us rich. We can't kill it now.

但是它每天都給我們一個金蛋呀,他讓我們富有了,現在我們不能殺它。

Wife: Why not? Don't you want to become richer faster?

難道你不想快點變得更有錢嗎?

Farmer: Yes, but we are rich right now.

想呀,可是我們現在就很有錢呀。

Wife: Yes. But I want to become really really rich. I want to live in the city. Bring the knife from the kitchen.

是呀,可是我想變得真的真的很有錢,我想住到城市裡去。去把廚房裡的刀拿來。

Farmer: If you wish, dear.

遵命,親愛的。

The Farmer brings a sharp knife from the kitchen. The Goose sees the knife and starts crying and runs away. The Wife hides the knife behind her back.

農夫從廚房裡拿出一把鋒利的刀,鵝看到了刀,開始一邊叫一邊跑,其子把刀藏在了身後。

Goose: Quack, quack!

嘎嘎!

Wife: What's the matter, Goose? I have something delicious for you.

怎麼了,鵝?我有好吃的東西要給你呀!

Goose: Quack, quack!

嘎嘎!

Wife: it's running away! Go and catch it!

它跑走了!去抓住他!

Farmer: Okay, dear. Come here, Goosey.

好的,親愛的,過來,鵝。

Goose: Quack, quack!

嘎嘎!

Wife: Catch it, catch it!

抓住它,抓住它!

Farmer: I got it!

抓住了!

Goose: Quack, quack!

嘎嘎!

The Farmer catches the Goose and the Wife is about to cut open its stomach.

農夫抓住鵝,妻子準備剖開他的肚子。

Wife: We will be really rich soon. How many eggs will there be?

我們很快就會變得很有錢了,會有多少金蛋呢?

Farmer: I don't know. But there must be many. I'm getting curious now. Hurry up. Cut it open.

我不知道,可是肯定很多,現在我越來越好奇了。快點,剖開他。

Wife: Okay, here I go.

好,我要下手了。

Goose: (scream)Q-U-A-C-K!!!

(慘叫)嘎!

The Goose's stomach is cut open. The Farmer and his Wife look surprised.

鵝的肚子被剖開了,農夫和他的妻子看起來非常吃驚。

Farmer: Where are the golden eggs?

金蛋在哪裡呢?

Wife: I don't know. There must be some inside. Look carefully!

我不知道,這裡頭一定有一些。看仔細點!

Farmer: There are none! What have we done?

一個也沒有,我們都幹了些什麼呀?

Wife: No golden eggs?

沒有金蛋?

Farmer: Poor Goose. We were too greedy. So we will become poor again.

可憐的鵝,我們太貪心了,我們又會變窮。

Wife: Poor us!

可憐的我們!

Farmer: Boo-hoo-hoo.

嗚-嗚-嗚…

MORAL Don't be greedy.

不可貪心。

寓言啟示:

伊索寓言故事之下金蛋的鵝,這個故事告訴我們如果不懂得知足,貪得無厭,我們就會失去已經擁有的東西。


分享到:


相關文章: