She deserves to hear the truth,however awful不论真相多么

口语学习:

1.Please, get back in the car.

请回车里去。

2.You see the thing is, this is maybe the last chance for me to find out if I can be with the man I love.

情况是这样的,这可能是我寻回真爱的最后机会。

3.And Bob I can't begin to tell you how much that means to me.

鲍勃,你不知道这对我有多重要

4.A heart that believes in love.

一颗相信爱情的心。

5.I can't help feeling that there's more to the story.

我觉得这后面肯定还有隐情

6.She deserves to hear the truth, however awful.

不论真相多么残酷,她都应该知道

7.Mike's lawyer pleaded self defence.

但麦克的律师提出他是正当防卫



Susan: Oh, hi. I'm looking for Kendra Taylor-

我想找凯德拉.泰勒。

Security Guard: I'm sorry. I'm gonna have to ask you to leave.

很抱歉,请你离开。

Susan: Oh, oh, you don't understand. I can't just drive away.

你不明白,我不能就这么走。

Security Guard: Please, get back in the car.

请回车里去。

Susan: Look, um (reads his name tag) Bob, let me try to explain.

听着,鲍勃,让我解释一下。

Security Guard: In the car.

到车里去。

Susan: You see the thing is, this is maybe the last chance for me to find out if I can be with the man I love.

情况是这样的,这可能是我寻回真爱的最后机会。

Security Guard: Ma'am.女士

Susan: And Bob I can't begin to tell you how much that means to me. So, I'm gonna walk up to that house, and you're gonna let me. And you know why? Because behind that badge and that just big, you-could-crush-me-like-a -fly chest, there's a heart. A heart that believes in love.

鲍勃,你不知道这对我有多重要。所以我径直走向那座房子,你不要拦着我。知道为什么吗?因为在这徽章和这雄健的胸肌后面,隐藏着一颗真心,一颗相信爱情的心。

Security Guard: Just get in the damn car.

滚回车里去。

Susan: It's not my fault that you don't have love in your heart.

你天生缺爱又不是我的错。

Kendra: Susan? Is that you?苏珊是你吗?

Susan: (from her restrained position) Hi, Kendra.

Susan: And despite the evidence, despite all that's been laid out in front of me, I can't help feeling that there's more to the story. Does that sound stupid?

看完这些证据后,我觉得这后面肯定还有隐情。听起来很愚蠢吗?

Kendra: No, no, of course not-不,一点儿也不。

Noah: Unfortunately you've got the whole story right here.

很不幸的是,事实就这些,没有什么隐情。

Susan: But Mike's lawyer pleaded self defence and if that's the case-

但麦克的律师提出他是正当防卫,那才是真相吧

plead vt. 以…为理由;陈述案情;申辩,

Noah: Delfino sold black tar heroin to my daughter, he killed the cop who tried to bust him, got convicted and did his time. End of story.

德尔菲诺卖海洛因给我女儿,他杀了要抓他的警察,被判有罪,还坐牢了。就这么简单。

black tar heroin黑焦油海洛因

convict vt. 宣判 ... 有罪;使 ... 知罪

Kendra: Dad!

Noah: She deserves to hear the truth, no matter how terrible. I'm sorry, Ms Mayer, I really am.

不论真相多么残酷,她都应该知道。真的很抱歉,梅尔女士。

Susan: Right. I appreciate you talking to me.

我感谢你告诉我这些。

Kendra: What the hell was that?

这算怎么回事?

Noah: If she knew the truth, she'd go running back to him. She might talk him out of doing his job. I can't risk that. I just don't have the time.

要是她知道真相,肯定会重新回到他的怀抱,这会干扰他完成任务。我不能冒这个险,我时日不多了。

Kendra:Quick,drive around the corner. We need to talk.

快点,开到拐弯处,我们要谈谈。


分享到:


相關文章: