想像個外國人一樣,你得先從日常生活對話說起

想像個外國人一樣,你得先從日常生活對話說起

情景一:接電話

Jane: Good afternoon. Jane speaking. How can I help you?

簡:午安,我是簡。有什麼可以為您服務嗎?

Nigel: Good afternoon. I'm looking for Mr. Green.

尼格:午安。我找格林先生。

Jane: Oh, I'm sorry. He is not home right now. Who is calling?

簡:喔,對不起,格林先生現在不在家。請問您是哪位?

Nigel: This is Nigel Smith, from work.

尼格:我是尼格·史密斯,他的同事。

Jane: Can I take a message?

簡:你要留言嗎?

Nigel: Sure. Could you ask him to return my call?

尼格:好。可以請他回電嗎?

Jane: Nigel...Smith. Does he have your number, Mr. Smith?

簡:尼格·史密斯,史密斯先生他有你的電話嗎?

Nigel: It's 2781 7031.

尼格:我的電話是2781 7031。

Jane: 2781 7031. Sure, I'll make sure he gets the message.

簡:27817031。好,我會把留言交給他。

Nigel: Thanks so much. Bye.

尼格:多謝了。再見。

情景二:家務勞動

Shirley: Look at our room, it is in a dreadful mess. Just seeing the floor gives me goose bumps and we must have a big cleaning this weekend

雪莉:看我們的房間,實在是太亂了,看到地板都會讓我起雞皮疙瘩,我們週末必須做大掃除了。

Tom: OK.

湯姆:好的。

Shirley: But before that, we should do some preparation first. Could you please buy something after work tomorrow? Such as cloth, alcohol, detergent, and...

雪莉:但是,在此之前,我們首先需要做些準備。你能在明天下班後買些東西回來嗎?比如說布、酒精、洗滌劑以及……

Tom: Perhaps you'd better give me a list. I don't think I could keep them all in mind.

湯姆:或許你最好給我列個單子吧,東西太多了我記不住啊。

Shirley: OK. I will give you a list later.

雪莉:好吧。我稍後會給你列個單子。

Tom: By the way, I guess we have alcohol at home, which we bought last month, remember?

湯姆:對了,我想家裡是有酒精的啊,還記得嗎?上個月剛買的。

Shirley: Oh, yes, so we don't have to buy it now.

雪莉:哦,是呢,那就不買了。

Tom: As for cloth, do you really need it?

湯姆:還有就是布,你的確需要嗎?

Shirley: Yes, it's used to clean the screen of the computer and TV set, of course. We should use special cloth.

雪莉:是的,用來清潔電腦和電視機屏幕啊,我們應該用特製的布。

Tom: I see.

湯姆:我明白了。

情景三:聊聊寵物

Shirley: Your dog is really cute. What's his name?

雪莉:你的狗真可愛。它叫什麼名字?

Mary: His name is Bingo.

瑪利:賓果。

Shirley: What kind of dog is he?

雪莉:它是什麼狗?

Mary: We're not sure because the neighbors gave him to us after they moved away.

瑪利:我們也不清楚,是鄰居搬家時送給我們的。

Shirley: Well, he sure likes to run around a lot. Is he well-behaved?

雪莉:它總是喜歡不停地跑圈。它規矩嗎?

Mary: Oh yes, he is. When he was a puppy, he liked to chew my father's shoes, but he's okay now.

瑪利:哦,是的。它還是小狗時喜歡啃我父親的鞋,不過現在好了。

Shirley: That sounds like my cat. She likes to scratch the couch with her claws.

雪莉:跟我家貓一樣。它喜歡用爪子抓沙發。

Mary: I didn't know that you had a cat. When did you get her?

瑪利:我不知道你養了貓。什麼時候養的?

Shirley: About a year ago actually. You've probably never seen her though.

雪莉:大約一年前。不過你可能看不到它。

Mary: Really? Why is that?

瑪利:是嗎?為什麼?

Shirley: She's not a house-cat. She stays outside most of the time.

雪莉:它不是家貓。它大部分時間都在外面。

Mary: Bingo could never do that. He stays in the house except when we take him to the park.

瑪利:賓果可不會這樣。除了我們帶它去公園,它總待在家裡。


分享到:


相關文章: