考研·翻译硕士:秘书长联合国日致辞(中英对照)

Secretary-General's message for United Nations Day


每天,联合国的妇女男子都在努力赋予《宪章》真切实际的意义。United Nations Day marks the birthday of our founding Charter – the landmark document that embodies the hopes, dreams and aspirations of “we the peoples”.Every day, the women and men of the United Nations work to give practical meaning to that Charter.

尽管存在艰难险阻,但我们从不放弃。Despite the odds and the obstacles, we never give up.

赤贫正在减少,不平等却眼见加剧。Extreme poverty is being reduced but we see inequality growing.

但我们不会放弃,因为我们知道,减少不平等使世界各地增加希望、机遇、和平。Yet we don’t give up because we know by reducing inequality we increase hope and opportunity and peace around the world.

气候变化的速度正在赶超我们的行动,但我们不会放弃,因为我们知道气候行动是唯一的出路。Climate change is moving faster than we are, but we don’t give up because we know that climate action is the only path.

人权在如此多的地方遭受侵犯。但我们不会放弃,因为我们知道尊重人权和人的尊严是和平的基本条件。Human rights are being violated in so many places. But we don’t give up because we know respect for human rights and human dignity is a basic condition for peace.

冲突在增加,人们在受苦。但我们不会放弃,因为我们知道男女老少都应享有和平的生活。Conflicts are multiplying - people are suffering. But we don’t give up because we know every man, woman and child deserves a life of peace.

值此联合国日,让我们重申我们的承诺。On United Nations Day, let us reaffirm our commitment.

修复破碎的信任。To repair broken trust.

治愈我们的地球。To heal our planet.

不让一个人掉队。To leave no one behind.

联合各国,维护所有人的尊严。To uphold dignity for one and all, as united nations.


分享到:


相關文章: