01.25 雙語美文朗讀:熱愛生活 Love your life(音頻版)

雙語美文朗讀:熱愛生活 Love your life(音頻版)

雙語美文朗讀:熱愛生活 Love your life(音頻版)

雙語美文朗讀:熱愛生活 Love your life(音頻版)

However mean your life is, meet it and live it;

無論你的生活如何卑微,都要正視它,並活下去;

do not shun it and call it hard names.

不要躲避它,也不要惡語相加。

It is not so bad as you are.

你的生活不像你本人那麼糟糕。

It looks poorest when you are richest.

你最富有的時候,你的生活看上去倒似最貧窮。

The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise.

吹毛求疵的人即便在天堂也能挑出瑕疵。

Love your life, poor as it is.

你要熱愛你的生活,儘管生活一貧如洗。

You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours,even in a poorhouse.

即使身處濟貧院,你也可能享受一段愉快、興奮、美妙的時光。

The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man's abode;

西斜的落日映照在濟貧院窗戶上的餘暉,與照射在富貴人家豪宅上的一樣光芒萬丈;

the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.

門前的積雪同在早春消融。

I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.

在我看來,一個心態平和的人處事泰然,思想樂觀,過著自得其樂的生活,住在濟貧院就如同居住在皇宮裡一般。

The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.

依我之見,城鎮的貧民倒是往往過著最獨立不羈的生活。

Maybe they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.

也許他們十分偉大,對任何事情皆可坦然受之。

Most think that they are above being supported by the town;

大多數人認為他們不屑於接受城鎮的施救;

but it often happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means, which should be more disreputable.

但是實際上他們經常使用不誠實的手段來維持自己的生計,這是更為不體面的。

Cultivate poverty like a garden herb, like sage.

像聖賢一樣,如同栽培花園中的花草一般來培養貧困吧。

Do not trouble yourself much to get new things,whether clothes or friends.

犯不著千辛萬苦以求獲得新東西,無論是衣服還是朋友。

Turn the old; return to them.

返璞,歸真。

Things do not change; we change.

萬物沒有變,是我們在變。

Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.

衣履可鬻,所思必存。

英語學習筆記:

1 .However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names.

英語點睛:這實際上是幾個短句,後面的句子都省略了however mean your life is.

2 .The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man's abode.

英語點睛:由as…as引導的句子,非常精煉。

學習更多:

1 .However hard this task is we must finish it.

(表示決心)不論這個工作有多難,我們必須完成。

2 .You are as good as you think you are.

(表示程度)你像你自己認為的一樣好。


分享到:


相關文章: