06.14 5分鐘內可掌握的技能:如何分辨一個人有沒有說謊?|雙語

How can you tell if someone is lying?

如何判斷別人在撒謊?

5分鐘內可掌握的技能:如何分辨一個人有沒有說謊?|雙語

關於謊言的一些事實


I was on a plane from LA. The guy sitting next to me was drinking mini-bottles of vodka the entire way back.

我從洛杉磯坐上飛機。旁邊的那個傢伙一路上都在喝一個迷你酒壺裡的伏特加。

We started talking. He once worked for a three initial agency that must be kept private. Then he worked for another one and another one.

我們開始聊天,他開始為一家必須保持隱秘的創業公司工作。然後他替另一家工作,然後另一家。

His job: he interrogated people who might have been spies.

他的工作:他審問哪些可能是間諜的人。

He told me some of the more famous cases he worked on.

他告訴我他做過一些有名的案子。

He told me he’s interrogated hundreds of people. Maybe thousands.

他告訴我他審問了上百人,或者上千。

I said, “How can you tell if someone is lying?”

我說:你怎麼區別哪些人撒謊?

This was his answer:

以下是他的回答:

ANSWER #1

回答 #一

  • Put them on a chair that rolls
  • Ask them some easy questions first. Like, “when were you born?” “Where do you live?” etc. They won’t roll away with their chair.
  • Ask them some harder questions that you know they will answer truthfully. Like, “What was your first job? Why’d you leave it?”
  • Then start to ask them the questions you are suspicious of. Like, “Why did you transfer files from your computer?”
  • If they start to roll away from you, then they are lying.
  • 讓他們坐在可滑動的椅子上
  • 先問一些簡單的問題,諸如“你什麼時候出生的?”“你出生在哪兒?”等等,他們往往不會滾動椅子
  • 然後問一些難一點的問題,你知道他們肯定會如實回答的。諸如:“你的第一份工作是?""你為什麼離職?”
  • 這時候開始問他們一些,你懷疑的問題。諸如“為什麼你從電腦上傳輸文件??”
  • 如果他們有滑動椅子遠離你的動作,他們就是在撒謊。

He said, “there’s another way you can tell.”

他說,還有其他辦法

5分鐘內可掌握的技能:如何分辨一個人有沒有說謊?|雙語

如何判定一個人在撒謊

ANSWER #2

回答 #二

If you ask a question and they don’t answer directly.

For instance, your spouse comes home late and you say, “Where have you been?” and he or she answers, “I was out with friends!”

Notice: they did not answer the question. They never said where they have been.

So they have something to hide. Or they are lying.

當你問一個問題,他們不正面回答。

舉個栗子,你的另一半回家很晚然後你問:“你問哪兒了?” 然後他回答:“我和朋友出去了!”

注意:他們並沒有回答這個問題。他們不會說他們去哪兒了。

所以他們有東西要隱藏,或者他們撒謊。

The plane landed. We did the usual, “nice to meet you, we will probably never see each other again.”

飛機著陸了,我們像普通人那樣,“很高興認識你,我們可能再也不會相遇了。”


I have my own way of telling if people are lying to me.

我有我自己的方法去分辨人們是否對我說謊。

ANSWER #3!

答案 #3

They are ALWAYS lying.

人們總是說謊。

I’ve noticed that this rule almost always applies: There is a good reason and a real reason.

我注意到這個幾乎處處適用的規則:(說謊的時候)有一個好聽的理由和一個真正的理由。

5分鐘內可掌握的技能:如何分辨一個人有沒有說謊?|雙語

生活中的謊言

Classic example:

經典栗子:

My daughter says, “Dad, I need to study in the library.”

我女兒說:“爸爸,我得去圖書館學習。”

“Studying” is a good reason.

“學習”是一個好聽的理由。

Unsaid: “and there are lots of guys hanging out at the library today.” That might be the real reason.

沒有說“今天圖書館有很多人去逛。”這可能是真正的理由。(睿丁君:在中國可能是——xiao書館裡拍照好像很不錯的樣子。)

I started to notice that almost everyone speaks in “good reasons”. You can’t argue with anyone.

我注意到每個人都找一個”好聽的理由“偽飾自己。你無法和任何一個好聽的理由作辯論。

“Why did you go to the store?”

“為什麼要去超市?”

“We needed toilet paper.”

“我去買點衛生紙了”

Great reason.

好聽的理由

Real reason: “Please let me out of this house for five minutes so I don’t have to hear that baby crying.”

真正的理由:“拜託讓我離開這房子靜靜地呆五分鐘,我實在受不了孩子哭鬧了。”

Or at work:

或者在工作中:

“Should we use X software or Y software?”

“你推薦X軟件,還是Y軟件呢?”

“Let’s use X software. Y software doesn’t look as good.”

“X軟件,Y軟件感覺不好。”

Good reason!

好聽的理由

Real reason: “I don’t know how to use Y software.”

真正的理由:“我也不知道怎麼用Y軟件。”

You can’t argue with good reasons. They are good for a reason.

你無法和這種“好聽的理由”作爭論,因為它是為了好聽。

But I always take the time to figure out the real reason in almost every conversation I have.

但我總是花時間找出我每次對話的真正原因。

This is great for relationships, investments, parenting, work, everything.

這對人際關係、投資、家庭教育、工作、一切都很有幫助。

“Why do I write?’

“我為什麼寫這個?’

“Because I love telling a good story and helping people.”

“因為我喜歡講一個好故事,幫助別人。”

Great reason!

好聽的理由

Real reason: Because I want people to like me. Because I don’t like myself as much as I should and this is a way to get some approval and love.

真正的理由:因為我希望人們喜歡我。因為我不太喜歡我自己,這是一種獲得認可和愛的方式。

Both reasons might be correct. But the real reason is always there, a thriving underworld life inches underneath the cool blue waves of the ocean.

這兩個原因可能是正確的。但是真正的原因總是在那裡,冰冷藍色海波底下深處的繁榮黑暗世界。


分享到:


相關文章: