關於公眾場所行為習慣的對話——學最常用最地道的美語口語表達

人物:丈夫yikes、妻子、服務員waitress

背景:yikes和妻子到好不容易找好了保姆後他們倆打算去飯店好好吃下飯,可是飯店又很吵,還看見一個小孩子在服務員面前跑差點讓服務員把盤子掉下來而孩子的父母親坐在那完全不管……



(建議:先理解下面所有對話,再聽錄音,也可以去頭條號裡去看相對應的視頻)

Wife: 唉呀!

Husband: what happened? 什麼事?

Wife: I can’t believe it, All of a sudden, a kid ran in front of that waitress, and she almost dropped her tray.

簡直不敢相信, 一個小孩突然從那個服務員前面跑過去,那個服務員的盤子差點都掉了。

All of a sudden: 英文解釋:suddenly 中文意思是突然,猛然

Husband: what? 不會吧

Wife: yeah. Look, the parents are just sitting there while their kid’s totally out of control.

是呀,你看,他父母就坐在那兒完全不管孩子。

out of control:英文解釋:be disruptive 中文意思是不予管理。

Husband: what? I can’t hear you, it’s so noisy in here.

什麼?我沒聽清,這兒太吵了。

Wife: I said his parents aren’t paying any attention to him at all.

我說他爸爸媽媽完全沒注意到他。

at all:英文解釋:zero pecent 中文意思 根本,完全

Wife: I don’t think they have a clue that he’s causing trouble.

我覺得他們都不知道他的孩子在製造麻煩。

Not have a clue (about/that): not have any idea (about/that) 一點都不知道

Husband: well, this is just what we need after going through all the trouble of getting a babysitter.

呵呵,他們這種狀態正是我們歷盡千辛萬苦找好保姆後所需要。

Go through (all) the trouble of: do something that is difficult. 經歷很困難的事情。

husband: I thought we came here to eat in peace for once.

我還以為我來這兒可以安靜的吃一餐飯呢。

in peace: in a quiet atmosphere 在一個安靜的氛圍中

wife: maybe we should just go somewhere else, it’s taking forever to get our foods anyway.

也許我們應該換個地方,反正我們食物要很久才來呢。

Take (someone) forever to: take a very long time +infinitive. 花很長時間做某事。

Husband: that’s not a bad idea.

這建議也行。

Wife: uh-oh, it’s too late, our food’s coming.

啊-哦,太晚了,我們的食物來了。

Waitress: sorry for the wait.

不好意思讓你們等這麼久了。

Wife

: that’s OK, you’re really busy tonight. I saw what just happened with that kid. You have a pretty dangerous job.

沒事,今晚們生意很忙呀,我剛剛看到了你所發生的那一幕。你的工作也挺危險的。

Waitress: yeah, unfortunately not all parents keep their kids under control. But I guess that’s part of the job.

是的,很遺憾不是所有的父母親都會管好自己的孩子的,但是我認為那也是他們工作的一部分吧。

Keep (sb) under control: keep/maintain order 讓某人處於管理之下。

Husband: well, we’d never put up with that kind of behavior from our kids.

我是決不會容許我們的孩子有那種行為的。

husband: I have nothing against taking kids to restaurants. But the bottom line is that the kids need to learn how to behave, especially in public.

我認為帶孩子到飯店也沒什麼,但最起碼的是孩子需要學會注意自己的行為, 特別是在公眾場合。

Put up with:tolerate 容許,寬恕

I have nothing against……: have no problem with, have no negative feeling about……

The bottom line (is that……): the basic truth 最起碼的要求,底線

Wife: oh, look-here comes the manager, I think he’s going to talk to them. I wonder if he’s going to ask them to leave.

看,經理過來了,我想他會去跟他們講的,我就不知道他會不會叫他們走。


如果你覺得對你的英文學習有一點點幫助,請點贊關注,我會做的更好,Thanks a million.


分享到:


相關文章: